Warrington School/Board Of Trustees/OLD Legislative Compliance Policy
Warrington School Legislative Compliance Policy
|National Administration Guideline 6 Each board of trustees is also expected to comply with all general legislation concerning requirements such as attendance, the length of the school day, and the length of the school year.|
| Our commitment:
The Warrington School board of trustees complies with all relevant legislation and regulations concerning requirements for the operation of the school.
1.Enrolments, attendance, and year of schooling
- 1.1. Warrington School operates an enrolment scheme in order to ensure student numbers do not exceed the school’s resource capacity.
- 1.2. The principal ensures accurate records of student admissions and attendance are maintained, and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that students who are required to attend school do so.
- 1.3. Warrington School, in general, follows the Ministry of Education guidelines for the classification of the number of years of schooling a student has received.
1. Ensuring legislative compliance
- 2.1. Warrington School has documented management procedures that are actively followed and monitored for compliance.
- 2.2. The school’s policies and management procedures promote compliance with relevant legislation or regulations. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Animal Welfare Act 1999
- • Building Act 1991
- • Civil Defence Act 1983
- • Copyright Act 1994
- • Education (School Attendance) Regulations 1951
- • Education Act 1989
- • Education Standards Act 2001
- • Employment Relations Act 2000
- • Health (Immunisation) Regulations 1995
- • Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
- • Human Rights Act 1993
- • Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (Part VII)
- • New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990
- • Official Information Act 1982
- • Privacy Act 1993
- • Protected Disclosures Act 2000
- • Public Finance Act 1989
- • Smoke-Free Environments Act 1990
- • State Sector Act 1988
Related Policies and Procedures related to NAG 6 (Legislative Compliance)
- Protected Disclosures
- Privacy of Information