Warrington School/Board Of Trustees/OLD Health and Safety Policy
Warrington School Policy 4 – Health and Safety
| National Administration Guideline 4 Each board of trustees is also required to:
i. provide a safe physical and emotional environment for students; ii. comply, in full, with any legislation currently in force, or that may be developed, to ensure the safety of students and employees.
| Our commitment:
The Warrington School board of trustees ensures the school’s physical and emotional environment is safe and healthy for students and staff.
1. 1. Maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- 1.1. Warrington School has documented health and safety management procedures that are actively followed and monitored for compliance.
- 1.2. Warrington School provides a safe and healthy physical and emotional environment for students and staff, both within the school grounds, and when school activities/events are held elsewhere.
- 1.3. The principal ensures that a safety audit of the school’s premises is conducted annually, with the intention of removing or mitigating any safety hazards.
- 1.4. The principal ensures that students and staff are adequately protected against exposure to excessive sunshine at school, and when participating in school activities/events held elsewhere.
- 1.5. The principal ensures that students and staff use information and communications technology appropriately and safely at school, and when participating in school activities/events held elsewhere.
- 1.6. The principal ensures that reasonable measures are taken to ensure the safety of Warrington school children whilst using school buses.
- 1.7. The principal ensures that any motor vehicle access to the school grounds does not compromise the safety of students, staff, or visitors to Warrington School.
- 1.8. Smoking is not permitted within Warrington School buildings or grounds.
2. Managing incidents
- 2.1. Warrington School responds to and investigates all significant health and safety incidents, in order to mitigate the effects and reduce the risk of recurrence.
- 2.2. The principal ensures that teachers recognise and respond to cases of suspected sexual, physical, or psychological child abuse in an appropriate manner.
- 2.3. The principal ensures that a crisis management plan is developed, maintained, and tested, in order to provide appropriate guidance to staff and students for handling a range of emergencies and their immediate aftermath.
3. Student behaviour
- 3.1. Warrington School encourages and maintains behaviour that facilitates students’ own safety and learning, and does not harm other students or act as a barrier to their learning.
- 3.2. Warrington School uses suitable measures to ensure student behaviour is maintained appropriately.
83.3. In extreme circumstances, stand-downs and suspensions may be used, in line with the MOE guidelines Related Policies and Procedures related to NAG 5 (Health and Safety)
- Health and Safety Policy
- Crisis Management Policy
- Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC)
- Civil Defence Emergency Plan
- Emergency Procedures
- Pandemic Plan
- Sexual and Physical Abuse
- Smoking, Drugs and Alcohol in the workplace