Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
NAGs 3 and 5 New Zealand Schools OER Portal/Governance
- The Board of Trustees is committed to ensuring the best possible employees and applicants are selected to promote the quality of the teaching and learning programmes within the school.
- To ensure that all employees and applicants for employment are treated appropriately recognising their skills, qualifications, abilities and aptitudes in accordance with the State Sector Amendment Act 1989 and applicable subsequent amendments without bias or discrimination.
- The Board of Trustees shows commitment to meeting requirements of the State Sector Amendment Act 1989 and applicable subsequent amendments without bias or discrimination.
- The Board of Trustess shows commitment to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment including, recruitment, training, promotion and conditions.
- The Board of Trustees ensures employment and personnel practices are fair and free of any bias.
- In making appointments, the Board of Trustees will ensure that the selected person is the most suited to the position in terms of skills, experience, qualifications and aptitude.
- Boards of Trustees have a statutory responsibility to be a good employer and to meet the needs of staff that are disadvantaged in the workplace.
Signatures: NathanP 01:43, 15 October 2010 (UTC)