Conditions of Employment
- The State Sector Act requires every employer in the Education Service to operate a personnel policy to ensure fair and proper treatment of employees in all aspects of their employment.
- The Board of Trustees will take all reasonable steps to ensure that good and safe working conditions exist for employees; that provision and conditions exist for employees in the working environment and facilities; and the Board of Trustees will respond to all reasonable and achievable requests made by employees.
- Each year the Board of Trustees will develop and publish an equal employment opportunities programme and ensure this is complied with. The programme will recognise the specific needs of the Maori.
- The Board of Trustees will recognise the needs of ethnic and minority groups, and the employment requirements of women and persons with disabilities by responding to all reasonable and achievable requests made by employees.
- Each year the Board of Trustees will make budget provision to support training and development programmes intended to enhance the abilities of employees, with the expectation that funds used in this way will be reflected by enhanced employee performance in aspects of their work.
- The Board of Trustees will take all other reasonable steps to ensure that it is a good and fair employer by responding to issues and concerns raised by employees.
Signatures: NathanP 01:43, 15 October 2010 (UTC)