Waimea College is committed to providing a high-quality education for its students and emphasises the importance of achieving personal standards of excellence in academic, sporting, cultural and recreational activities.
The College opened in 1957 and is very proud of the reputation it has established for providing opportunities for its students to experience success both in and beyond the classroom. The College combines excellent facilities and a progressive curriculum with values such as house spirit, pride in the school and high expectations of performance and behaviour. These values are reflected in the school motto Semper Contendite (Always Strive).
The key features that make Waimea College a successful school as well as a busy and friendly community are:
- Well-qualified, enthusiastic teachers and support staff who are committed to helping students reach their potential.
- A comprehensive curriculum that aims to have students leave school with a nationally recognised qualification
- Excellent, well-resourced facilities in an attractive environment
- A student-support system that promotes a safe, caring environment
- An innovative and effective leadership programme
- A house and vertical form system designed to ensure every student is involved, encouraged and supported
- A wide range of co-curricular opportunities.
At Waimea College we are proud of what we can offer and of what our students achieve.