VirtualMV/Internet and Web/Programming
|Internet and Web|
|Theory||Introduction | What is HTML? | Client Server ecosystem | Glossary | History and Future | How the Internet works | Types of Website | Markup Languages | Interactive Websites ||
|Web Tools||Web Browsers | Search Engines (SEO Optimization) | World Wide Web (Hypertext and Page) | Cookies | Email | Discussion Forums | FTP | (SSH, IRC)|
|Technologies||Connecting | Broadband | Mobile | Web Conferencing | Intranets, Extranets, Tunneling | Gateway Servers ||
|Issues||Security | Legal (Privacy, Confidentiality, Integrity) | Copyright and Fairdealing | Accessibility | Culture and Netiquette ||
|Web Site Development||Planning ( Types | For Mobile) | Development (Design Components | Graphic Design) | Programming | Hosting | Marketing and Promotion | Advertising | Business Intelligence | Monitoring and Maintenance (Performance Tuning)|
|Web Site Management||Roles | Management | User Expectations | Content Management | Site Maintenance | Policies and Guidelines | Promotion | Risk Management|
By the end of this page you will be able to:
- Once you have planned your site and created the content and graphics, you will need to convert your information into a Web-readable form.
- Database Support (MySQL, Ms-SQL, Oracle, Sybase)
- Application programming (PHP, ASP, CGI)
Rich Internet Applications - have the features of desktop software such as responsive user interfaces and interactivity even though they run online.
- AJAX based RIA development platforms include: Microsoft's ASP.NET, Google Web ToolKit (GWT).
- Non-AJAX based include Adobe's Flash and AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime), Microsoft's Silverlight (allows applications to run on non Windows platforms as it installs a plug-in similar to flash), and Sun Microsystems JavaFX.
- AJAX - coined 2005 by Jesse James Garrett.
- Lawton, G. (2008). New Ways to Build Rich Internet Applications. Computer, IEEE Computer Society. 10-12