VirtualMV/Internet and Web/Planning/Content
By the end of this page you will be able to:
- Determine the purpose of the web site
- Must support business goals
- May decide a web site is not appropriate
Determine the site's audience
First of all, you must determine who the audience is for your site. This is critical, because many design and content decisions depend on this.
- Is the site for children or adults?
- Does your target audience access the Net from work, school or home?
- How fast is their Internet connection?
- Do they want to be informed or entertained?
Make sure you know the answers to these types of questions from the outset
Types of Web Site
Sites can be implemented in various ways..some are listed on the page Internet:Types_of_Website
- A domain is the name and address of your website, rolled into one.
- Choosing a domain name can be tricky, as a huge number of domains, particularly the .com versions, are already reserved.
- Think about domain names that are memorable and describe your business well - given the competition for domains and the premium on short or highly-trafficked domains, you may even want to let the availability of domains influence your choice of business name (if it’s not already decided).
- There are a number of websites, such as MyDomain.com or GoDaddy.com, that will allow you to check the availability of domain names and register available names immediately - for a
You will also need to develop a hosting plan