Electronic mail can be accessed in two different ways (or they can be combined) as:
- Web mail: gMail, Live, Yahoo
- Local/Networked email: Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird
Assessed Activity 1.3 (2016) email [4 marks]
- Student mail
- Login to your student mail account; there is a shortcut on your desktop or mail.eit.ac.nz in your browser.
- In your Google document itwdActivity1 write the instructions on how to send an email from your student account to your gmail account with an attachment (This is something that a Help-desk operator may need to do).
- Set up the email so that you will receive emails from EITOnline in your normal email account ( Administration > My Profile settings )
- Temporary 10 Minute Email ( https://10minutemail.net/ )
- Have you ever needed a temporary email address? Maybe for a coupon code for a one-time purchase when they require your email address. (Then they fill your inbox with unwanted offers and other advertising). Or, maybe just to test your own email setup is working ok. With 10 Minute Mail you get a temporary email address that lasts for 10 minutes or you can keep adding another 10 minutes if the email you are expecting is late.
- When you arrive at the site you’ll be automatically loaded into your mailbox - there’s no registration. Copy the e-mail address they’ve provided for you and use it. If you need to check an e-mail for whatever you signed up for it will come directly to the page you’re on, in the message section near the bottom of the page.
- Activity: Create a 10 minute email. From your normal email account send an email to the 10 minute one. Then reply in the 10 minute email!