VirtualMV/HTML/Basic/What is HTML?
|Internet & Web Development ( Introduction | Advanced )|
|Overview||Personal Learning Environment | What is HTML? | Web authoring | Resources | Help Desk|
|Creating a basic web site||HTML editor | Basic tags | Head tag | Linking pages | Formating and lines | Lists | Tables | Special characters | Page icon|
|Multimedia||graphics and images | Connected media | Audio | Video | Image map|
|Cascading style sheets||Inline, embedded, linked | Language | Example|
|Web page layout||Tables | CSS | iFrame | Frames | Other | Responsive|
|Forms||Example | mailto | Add Google|
- How do you create a web page or web site?
- What is Hypertext markup language (HTML)?
This page provides a series of activities that you can complete while you work through the introduction to HTML?
By the end of this page you will have researched:
- On your profile page, create a page called [[UserName:HTMLIntro]], using your UserName, then cut and paste the questions.
- If you want to work as a group, one group member can create the page, the rest can use the same hyperlink and you will all access the same page.
What is HTML?
- In what year was the Hypertext system released and by who?
- What does the term tag mean for html?
- What is the first tag in an HTML file?
- What do HTML and XHTML have in common?
- List and describe the three areas used when authoring web pages.
- Compare static web hosting and dynamic web hosting. Find two actual examples on the Web (not those listed in the text).
- Use wikipedia to list the three most popular web browsers and their market share.
- Describe the difference between an html text editor and an HTML WYSIWYG editor.