In 2012 the course was offered for the first time. The prescription was developed at least a year in advance, and interestingly the examples were already dated. The actual content is being developed and will evolve as the first iteration is being taught, with lots of input from the class (I hope!).
1: Investigate technological developments influencing education and training
- 1.1. Analyse the integration of e-learning technologies into education and training.
- 1.2. Examine the implications on the adoption of technology and its impact on an organisation
- 1.3. Examine the role of technology in an organisation
- 1.4. Examine and explore technologies for training purposes, and describe their uses, benefits and the implications they have in relation to an organisation.
- e.g. Wikis, Blogs, Virtual Worlds, social media, discussion boards, mobile technology, Cloud based applications)
- 1.5. Explore a range of corporate and educational content examples using a Learning Management System
- e.g. Moodle and Blackboard).
- 1.6. Install and configure an Open Source Application that could be used for digital learning.
- e.g. Wordpress, Moodle, MediaWiki).
2: Investigate Online Pedagogy and Tools
- 2.1: Investigate pedagogies suitable for eLearning
- e.g. Behaviourist/cognitive, constructivist, connectivist, communities of practice.
- 2.2. Examine e-portfolios and the personal learning environment.
- 2.3. Use Computer-Mediated Communication
- e.g. discussion boards, blogs, wikis and populate for cases.(Add comments to another students blog/wiki
- 2.4. Create, customise or modify a training course within a Learning Management System.
- 2.5. Create and design learning objects using a range of technologies
- e.g. podcasts, vodcasts. (Text, graphics, sound, animation and video), mobile technologies, screen capture
3. Examine Digital Literacy and Networking Technologies
Examine digital literacy and its impact on the integration of new technology into an organisation.
- 3.1: Examine the concept of Personal Learning Networks (PLN) and the various tools used to support networking
- Social Networking, IM, search, RSS and social sharing.
- 3.2. Explore the use of a range of emerging technologies and their uses
- e.g. RSS, Flickr, Slideshare, YouTube, and social news such as Diggit
4. Analyse Social and Ethical Issues
- 4.1. Develop policies for companies in digital safety, corporate responsibility in use of social media, and security risks.
- 4.2: Examine the impact of emerging technologies in relation to the copyright law, privacy law and related organisational issues
- such as time-wasting, corporate risk, creative commons.