VUSSC/Singapore BC/Course Development
Notes for Group Activity on Day 2
by Tauvaga Vaai (Pacific Team Leader)
Brainstorming Activity - Prepare an outline of a face to face workshop on how to design an ODL course for Distance Educators
Some guiding Questions
- What action steps do you take?
- What/Who is involved in each step?
- Who are your learners?
- Who are your graduates?
- Has there been a needs analysis conducted?
- What guidelines are there for the course developers?
- Are outcome statements in place and appropriately worded?
- What are the content items in the material?
- Are the resources required for course production and delivery in place?
- What assessment and evaluation instruments have you come up with?
- Do you have appropriate learner support services available?
Skills to apply and share
- Communication skills - collaborating with other team members
- Planning skills - how to plan a workshop
- Course development skills
Group size: 4 groups of 6 members per group
Time allocation: 0ne hour
Group Interaction and collaboration is highly recommended. Remember there is no I in the word team.