My profileAuckland, New Zealand.
My name is Zan.
I am a teacher of Mathematics and Science.
My interests are quite diverse and encompass almost everything.
I support free education, free health and free thought, and sincerely believe that we can all (some already do) live on Earth respecting and living in harmony with every aspect of creation (that which is considered sentient as well as that which is considered non-sentient)
I am a trained NZ teacher who has had the opportunity to teach at Primary Intermediate and Secondary School. My most recent 15 years of teaching has been teaching Mathematics and General Science at College level
(Note - in NZ "college" is not Tertiary Education. It is equivalent to High School or Senior School. The students can be of the ages 12+ to 18 years of age. When attending overseas conferences I am often given the honour of being called a lecturer but in NZ I am simply a teacher :-)
- My Primary, Intermediate and Secondary Schooling were in Auckland, New Zealand.
- I obtained a BSc from Auckland University.
- Following on from University I attended Auckland College of Education to earn a DipEd and have taught in NZ schools since.
At University my major was Computer Science. Fortune did smile on me. I was 'heavily' Maths and Science orientated with a few Engineering Papers, yet was lucky enough to do a number of diverse Arts papers including Ancient Greece, Chinese Philosophy and Te Reo Maori. I also sat in some lectures such as Psychology and Art History. It was as a result of going to University that I discovered University is not the fount of all knowledge, instead one may graduate aware that there is much to go on learning about, and life is the fount of all knowledge.
- Adore Astrophysics and Astronomy (also spaceflight and aviation)
- Adore Computer Science
- Adore Mathematics and Science and grateful to be teaching these subjects
- Interested in how we learn – including learning styles (Educational Philosophy)
- Self Esteem (building and enhancing self esteem along with revealing and removing blocks to learning)
- Relaxation techniques (Contemplation/Meditation/Music/Exercise/Yoga)
- Brain and Thought enhancement techniques (Kinesiology/Brain teasers)
I have many and varied interests. Here are a few.
- Love all philosophies and spiritual understandings
- Appreciate and have a deep interest in many cultures including indigenous cultures as well as ancient civilisations and cultures
- Support and involved in interfaith and peace initiatives
- Healing modalities
- Body talk with Tracy Livingston of Tauranga, NZ
- Contact C.A.R.E with Dale Speedy of Ngatea, NZ
- learning about flora and fauna
- walks – bush, mountain and beach
- Travel and exploring overseas, within New Zealand and about town
- have flown Cessna 152 solo
- have been fortunate to visit a few of the top 10 wonders of the world
- have been extremely fortunate to meet many people from all over the world
My wiki projects
- I registered for eL4C42, a Learning4Content workshop to learn wiki skills. (Great thanks to the facilitators and the team that has given of their time and expertise to produce this workshop)
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
||contemplating the project(s) at this time and thinking firstly of contributing a content resource on statistical simulation for Yr 11/12 (thats around 15/16 year old (O level and NCEA L1)) students|
| Target date for completion
||yet to be decided|
||--Zan 10:05, 25 August 2010 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hello Zan, Kio Ora! you page is looking so good now. You have made excellent progress. All the best. --Ramesh 19:19, 15 September 2010 (UTC))
(: Hello Zan, Kio Ora! It was nice to read your "Thoughts on Quality" [on this page]. All the best. --R C Sharma, PhD 15:59, 26 August 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Zan, You are very welcome to this eL4C42 Online workshop. Patricia and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and do not hesitate to ask for help. You can leave a message on Patricia's page or my page. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 12:50, 4 August 2010 (UTC))
- Dear Zan: It's a real pleasure to read your page. You are every kid's favorite teacher! I'0m a Mexican junior high school TEFL teacher trying to know more about technology to apply in my classroom for my students. Get warm regards.--Zapoteco 23:37, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Zan, Welcome to WikiEducator again. You have made a good start and now that you are part of our Wiki family, know that you have joined over 15,500 educators around the world. You have now access to a lot of shared knowledge which you can use towards building your projects in open education. Good to have you with us. Feel free to ask questions where you need to. We are here to help you. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 02:19, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Zan, If you incorporate a few hyperlinks into your text and apply the bold, italic, intent, numbers and bullets, I will be able to certify you shortly. Well done so far. Keep going. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 19:00, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Zan. Congratulations, you have earned your second wiki certification. Well done. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 16:30, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
Facilitators - eL4C42
- The WikiEducator "Inspiring to become an Agent of Change" Online Workshop Learning4Content wiki skills workshop - 25 August to 8 September, 2010.
- The facilitators: