|Employer:||Makerere College School|
|Occupation:||Cordinator of youth Enterpreneurship and livelihood Education at Open Learning Exchange ,Uganda|
Welcome to my User page
I am Florence Namukasa, a physics and chemistry teacher at Makerere College School in Uganda. As a teacher for over ten years, I have come face-to-face with the extremely high student failure rates in physics. The situation is even worse among girls. I have always had an inner belief that ICT in general could provide a solution out this situation but I must admit didn’t know exactly how. When the wiki concept and WE was introduced to me by a colleague, I immediately saw that my long held desire to engage in a special initiative to raise the interest of girls in science could be realized.
I am very excited with the project Center for innovative physics teaching in Uganda since I perceive it as one of the ways to make a contribution and to have international networking with more knowledgeable science educators.
I am now greatly involved in learning wiki syntax so as to adequately make meaningful contributions.
Interests and hobbies
- Engage in initiatives to raise the level of science literacy in my country especially among women.
- Travel around the world.
- I am a badminton coach.
- HIV/AIDS school counselor
- Bsc degree in education(Physics and Chemistry )from Makerere University.
- Certificate in project management
- Certificate in Guidance and counseling(HIV/AIDS)
My Wiki Projects
- I am part of Educators developing content on the wiki platform to erect innovative science curriculum suitable for the African context such as this and this
- This is an initiative to promote uptake of physics by girls through action research.
- This is a project discuss with teachers ideas to promote interpreneurship skills among the youth.
(: ~ welcome to our growing community! - --Hemrom 17:09, 11 October 2008 (UTC))
(: Yeah, pleased to meet you and looking forward to interesting cooperation!--White Eagle 08:53, 14 October 2008 (UTC))