diigo - math
Math Journal / Portfolio
- goals, requirements, scores, progress, charts, reflection, assessment - objective, subjective
- personal learning network - resources - videos, explanations, examples, self quizzes
For current grade level, testing, scores, areas of weakness
- step back, work on supporting material from "prior knowledge" for weak area
- series of "linked" tasks
- self-directed, goal, requirement
- ? IXL - games, videos, related resources
- extra credit for recommending new resources
- student identifies areas of weakness - hard, don't understand, love, easy, share resourcess "I learned from that"
- based on testing, assessment, teacher evaluations, observation
- accomplishments - completed, testing, assessment
- interests - discovery, quest, peer teaching, math in everyday / games / sports / food
- Coherence Map shows the connections between Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
- Volusia Math curriculum map
- assess current level ? like reading
- students know where the stand - easy access to math profile, guided next-steps
goals, expectations - more than just assignments, do this
- extrinsic - rewards, recognition
- intrinsic - self-directed, goals, interests, curiosity, needs / wants
- usefulness ? what's in this for me
generate interest, engagement
- kahoot > ?
- survey / assess - broad spectrum - weakness, strengths in math background
- games, puzzles
- tracking > sharing with student
- online services, monitoring, reporting, student feedback
- Simple equations - Introduction to basic algebraic equations of the form Ax=B
- Introduction to Ratios - What a ratio is. Simple ratio problems.
- Introduction to the quadratic equation - Introduction to using the quadratic equation to solve 2nd degree polynomials