|Occupation:||Programme Developer (Social Science)|
|Other roles:||Radio and Video Producer, Content Developer, Storyboard Developer|
My name is Wynand Diergaardt. I am the only child in my family. I am married to Christel and I have two children, Darren and Andrea.
I started my schooling in a small town in the south of Namibia called Schlip. After primary school I went to Swakopmund and completed my high school career. UNAM was my next stop where I completed my teaching diploma as well as my B.Ed degree. I am currently busy with my M.Ed degree in Early Childhood Development. I was a teacher by profession, but I am not teaching anymore. Seeing that my mother is staying in Swakopmund I started my teaching career at Tamariskia High School in Swakopmund in 1990. After two years of teaching in Swakopmund I moved to Rehoboth where I continued my teaching career at the Dr Lemmer High School in Rehoboth. I resigned in 2005 and joined the staff at the Namibian College of Open Learning. I am working as a Programme Developer in Social Science at the Namibian College of Open Learning.NAMCOL
I develop multi-media material in Social Science. The multi-media includes the following:
- Audio (Radio lessons);
- Video (Television lessons);
- E-Learning (Web-based lessons).
I like reading and watching rugby.The last book I have read was Fathers and sons by Angus Buchan.
- Head boy of Tamariskia High School in 1984.
- Accompanied the under 16 Development Team to Botswana in 1996.
- Assistant couch for the Namibian under 18 Boys in 1999 to South Africa in Pietermaritzburg.
- I received a Political Broadcasting award from MISA in November 2008. Republikein
At the end of the workshop I would like to:
- be confident in using wikieducator;
- be involved in developing open educational resources;
- develop innovative multi-media lessons.