This is your personal user page in WikiEducator. Tell us a little about yourself ..... be bold and try an edit now by starting to fill out your user page. This is a great way to practice your new wiki skills :-).
Worked in vocational education and training in the UK since 1991, mainly with youth training - 16-24 year olds and the long-term unemployed to get them back into work. This involved writing work-based training programmes customised for individual employees and employers. Came out to NZ in 2001 and straight into the industry training arena where set up a retail modern apprenticeship programme, before moving into pharmacy training and now on to learning and assessment resource development with Symbiont Ltd, where I am the Project Manager and Business Development Manager.
Spent a year at University doing a BA in English and History, before deciding that it wasn't really for me. Since then I've done National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) at Level 4 (degree level) in Business Managment and Education and Training (including assessment). Since coming out to NZ, I've reviewed my assessor qualifications, including writing and moderating assessments. I'm now working towards a number of fire-fighting unit standards and also civil defence standards. I'm also part-way through a creative writing course with a view to writing children's books.
I'm passionate about enabling all individuals to have the opportunity to access learning and development in a way that suits their specific requirements and excited at the different delivery modes we can utilise to ensure that this happens.
I'm a keen cyclist and runner and sometime triathlete. I also enjoy skiing, tennis and am just beginning to get into mountain biking - a bit of a culture shock for a 'roadie'!!
I'm also a volunteer rural fire-fighter and member of our local civil defence group, so well prepared for any emergency situations that might arise!
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hello Jane! I encourage you to visit the requirements of becoming a WikiApprentice 1 and WikiApprentice 2, as we are here to help you achieve these goals. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 13:09, 21 July 2010 (UTC) (UTC))
- Jane, have you given any thought as to a project you'd like to work on? --Benjamin Stewart 16:44, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Jane, get certified as a WikiApprentice 1 today by adding the following: bold text and lists. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me or one of your facilitators for assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 23:54, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Jane, get certified as a WikiApprentice 1 today by adding the following: bold text, subheadings, and lists. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me or one of your facilitators for assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 23:56, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Jane, it will also be very good if you filled your infobox up your page. That way, we can easily place your certifications there. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist. --Victor P. K. Mensah 06:11, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Jane, I see that you have added your Sandbox. Now start experimenting with images and other edits and ask if you have any questions. --Benjamin Stewart 13:13, 28 July 2010 (UTC)