Today is: 13, December 2017
- 1 About Me
- 2 My Writings
- 3 My Sandbox
- 4 My photo gallery
- 5 Botanical Curios: Plants are fun
- 6 A step towards Wikieducator
- 7 Open Learning resources(OERs)
Click to find out Who Am I?
As a freelance writer in Doha, Qatar, I write on a variety of subjects that interest me- education, woman issues, environment, parenting. Some of my published articles are-
- The Modern Woman- Winning essay-published in the anthology- Qatar Narratives.
The pdf of the whole issue is at this link winning essay- The Modern Woman-Qatar Narratives, pg 66
My photo gallery
Places and events
These pictures were taken during my trips to several places.
Botanical Curios: Plants are fun
Inspite of being the lifeline of all humanity, study of plants often takes a back seat compared to studying animals and their behaviour. One of the reasons may be a lack of interest and curiosity in common people about the life of plants, that is believed to be so dull and rooted.
(: Hi Shalinee, Welcome to the workshop eL4C40. Can you upload a flag of Qatar? See your name in the list of participants. Warm wishes--Gita Mathur 12:01, 20 May 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Shalinee, you and Gita have some common interest. This is good to know. Welcome again. Good to have an experienced WikiEducator with us. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 19:58, 6 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Shalinee, your work is interesting. I am a teacher-educator myself. I also take part of a course for e-education. Your work is enriching and inspiring. Cynthia D'Costa)
(: Shalinee, Looking forward to your active involvement in this workshop and further contributions on your page. Warm wishes--Gita Mathur 06:34, 8 June 2010 (UTC))
Hi Shalinee! Nice to know you! You're doing great job in your User page! --Teromakotero 18:48, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
WikiEducator News & Events
Open Learning resources(OERs)
Learning Hub for Teachers and Parents
This is a portal for developing a fruitful interaction between the parents and teachers of Indian Curriculum Schools.
- Developing a productive association between parents and teachers in order to enhance student learning.
- Collaborative development of learning resources for various subjects/topics as per the CBSE syllabus.
- Sharing of resources between different sections of the same school and between different schools.
- Making available a list/links of resources already available on the Internet.
Some of my articles that might interest you:
- Creating Resource Facility in Schools: A significant tool in the teaching-learning process
- Books and Kids:The Tale Unfolds
Parents and teachers are requested to contribute learning material- worksheets, pictures, charts, articles,teaching learning aid/craft ideas .... for the following topics. The perview of our resources is limited to the elementary level (Kindergarten- Class V].
Note:Pls contribute only original work (it will become a free resource) or linkages. No copyrighted material to be submitted. Pls leave signatures for your contribution.
This is an effort towards 'shared learning'. Let the serious fun begin...
Welcome to eL4C40
- Hello and welcome to eL4C40, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: