- Converting an existing document
- Under the toolbox on the left hand side of your screen, click on the link called OOConvertor
- Follow the instructions on screen to upload a file from your machine, eg .doc or .odt. (Note: that you should save Microsoft .docx files in the older .doc format.)
- Select the appropriate license (for example CC-BY or CC-BY-SA) to confirm the permissions for teachers to reuse, adapt, modify and share teaching materials.
- This web service will convert the file into wiki format and create a new page as a subpage of your Username. You will also receive an email notification when the document is converted. You will now be able to copy this text to any page in the wiki.
- Note that you will need to upload images separately.
- It is good practice to use styles for specifying different heading levels in the source document.
- Working offline
- It is possible to work offline and save your work in Mediawiki text format. To do this you will need a copy of the OpenOffice word processor (Free and Open Source Software.)
- Work through the tutorial demonstrating how to edit using Open Office.