This word is bold and this word is italics.
I am employed with NALISbut I am based at a school in Corinth Village via San Fernando. I am the Librarian at the almost extinct Corinth Sixth Form College. The Corinth Sixth Form College Library is shared with the University of Trinidad and Tobago-Corinth Campus.http://www.utt.edu.tt. I am the first and last Librarian to ever be there. As my first acting position an Librarian I, I have had an enjoyable and unusual experience at this college. It's not everyday that a school closes but if ever a school library needs to be closed, here's some advice:
- Ensure that all your inventory (books, furniture, equipment, tattle tape, toners, copy cards and stationery) are identified by their source as they will need to be returned to their origins.
- Titles of all books must be typed according to their sources on separate lists.
- As the senior member in the library relate to junior staff relevant and valid information that will help dispense any unnecessary fears.
- Continuous liason with Principal, Clerk and Supervisors on the matter will assist in all other actions that must be taken to ensure a relatively smooth closure.
|Occupation:||Librarian I Ag|
|Country:||Trinidad and Tobago|
Roles and Responsibilities
Role of Librarian
- To ensure that the library is functioning in the capacity of NALIS's Mission and Vision.
- To assist in Queries
- Reference queries
- Quick References
- To supervise
- Junior Staff
- To liase with the Principal, Vice Principal, Teaching and Non-Teaching staff, Security Guards...to ensure that the library operates at maximun capacity and effectiveness.
- Wiki Workshop with NOSTT.
- JAWS for the Visually Impaired.
- The reading/writing connection.
- Carnegie Free Library
- La Brea Public Library
- Debe High School
- Debe Public Library
- Corinth Teachers' College
- Corinth Sixth Form College