User:Robin Day/Test Page
How to get Started on Research
What is research?
This module provides a general introduction to research including ways of acquiring knowledge and factors that influence research.
What do you think about when you hear the term 'research'? Do you think about:
- scientists at work in the laboratory?
- the telemarketers who ring you up at dinner time?
- the opinion polls referred to on the television news?
- how the latest model from Holden gets designed?
- how Vodafone developed 3G technology?
- a group of people discussing their views on "designer babies"?
These are ALL examples of research.
Write down one or two examples of research that relate to your field of study.