Instructions for Day 6 - Images and your 2nd wiki certification!
Time to play with images now!!
Today we will:
* Understand about copyright requirements and show you how to find appropriately license free content images; * Demonstrate three methods for adding images to your pages; * provide an overview of more detailed image formatting options (including placement, frames, thumbs, captions, size etc); * practice uploading images into our sandbox and User pages.
Very important thing we would like you to remember that:
- Unless stated otherwise, all images you source on the web default to an "all rights reserved" copyright and you cannot upload these images on WikiEducator -- it's illegal.
- Read the short summary on copyright in today's tutorial, before uploading images on WikiEdcuator.
- You will find more information on what free content means for the WikiEducator community in accordance with our values.
Lets now practice on Instructions for Day 6
After completing the tutorial on images, you will have all the skills you need to develop an impressive user page as well as achieving the certification of a Level 2 WikiApprentice! You should also spend a little time refining the text and layout on your user page. Be sure to include the layout features you have learned so far. That is bold, italics, headings, lists, internal and external links with descriptive names. (Tutorials 2, 4 & 5).
Let's see who will develop the best User page over today and tomorrow. Perhaps one of the participants in this group will become a future recipient of the WikiEducator User Page Expo.
Please remember: You can also watch the video instruction for Day 6 at this link eL4C50 Workshop schedule
- Important -- Read this summary on general copyright issues relating to digital images.
- Work through Tutorial 6 on images.
- Practice manipulating the placement, size and using captions for your images in your sandbox.
- Work on improving your User page -- don't forget to include a photograph of yourself using your new skills on inserting images!
- Optional: View the following screencast videos:
* Screencast A: How to source and link images on Wikimedia Commons * Screencast B: Searching for free content images on Flickr * Screencast C: Uploading images sourced from Flickr
Remember the best page to keep track and keep up to date with the workshop is the course homepage: http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/eL4C50/Home
Follow WikiEducator on Facebook as well:
Join our http://www.facebook.com/pages/WikiEducator/84274419299
WikiEducator Google Groups Mailing list where many discussions are held: