User:Raymond Martin/My sandbox
The following is a short introduction to organic farming.
What is organic farming?
Organic farming is growing food or rearing crops using practices that reduce impact on natural systems and minimise health risks.
What are some of the benefits?
- Lower health risks *Increased biodiversity
- Better taste What are the disadvantages?
- There may be lower yields during conversion
- Labour costs may increase
What are some of the practices allowed in organic farming?
- Biological control
- Soil conservation
What are some of the practices not allowed in organic farming?
- Use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers
- Use of GMO's #Burning of crop residues
Please click on link below to information on organic farming and climate change: