Commonwealth of Learning
Contractor will help WikiEducator achieve scalable and sustainable growth among its high-priority stakeholder communities through community building and appropriate communications / messaging strategies. This will include design recommendations for modifying WikiEducator's Open Education Resource (OER) workshop materials.
The contractor will:
- perform a needs analysis of the WikiEducator stakeholder community;
- develop a communications / messaging strategy including the development of key messages for priority stakeholder communities and make recommendations for implementation thereof;
- recommend and modify the design of WikiEducator's Open Education Resources (OER) workshop materials to incorporate appropriate messaging in achieving scalable and substantial growth of the Community.
- A needs analysis of the WikiEducator stakeholder community;
- A communications strategy including key messages for priority stakeholder communities;
- Recommendations for communication priorities.
To support the Learning4Content initiative:
- assist with the development of seven (7) WikiEducator testimonials for inclusion under the "Join Us Today" section of the WikiEducator homepage;
- assist with the implementation of the Learning4Content initiative, most notably:
- tracking and communicating progress against the project milestones;
- identifying prospective facilitators and Learning4Content participants in Commonwealth countries; and
- promoting the community-building dimensions of the Learning4Content initiative in the realisation of COL's strategic aims to institute a thriving and sustainable Learning4Content community throughout the Commonwealth.
- Develop seven (7) WikiEducator testimonials;
- Assist with the implementation of the Learning4Content initiative in terms of tracking and communicating progress;
- Identify prospective facilitators and participants in Commonwealth countries;
- Promote the community-building dimensions of the Learning4Content initiative in the realisation of COL's strategic aims to institute a thriving and sustainable Learning4Content community throughout the Commonwealth.
Contractor will facilitate the start-up of wiki-related actions as part of COL's capacity building activities for media, with the two (2) principle focuses being:
- Development of "baseline" open educational resources (OERs) towards to the goal of 2 modules of 4 units each; and
- Building up the "community" participation of appropriate resource persons in WikiEducator's Community Media project node.
- Review and analyse existing "baseline" OER material to identify gaps and make suggestions for improvements;
- contribute directly and substantively to the refinement of existing materials;
- identify suitable new materials and facilitate their development and/or inclusion in the Community Media node;
- based on available human resources and expertise, mobilise community resources in the further development of OERs; and
- identify, engage and facilitate the enrollment of new contributors and users to the Community Media node, including new members' participation in wiki skills training courses (i.e., COL's Learning4Content courses) and proactively foster discussion and collaboration in the Community Media node.
- increased quantity and quality of content on WikiEducator's Community Media node (15,000 words);
- existing baseline OER materials reviewed and revised;
- new materials identified and included on the Community Media node (at least 5 distinct materials); and
- emerging Community Media Community of Practice strengthened with new participants trained in basic wiki skills, including contractors in Bangladesh, India, and Jamaica (at least 6).
Contractor will facilitate the growth of a Community Media community of practice and an OER repository (as part of COL's capacity building activities of media for learning and community development, with the three (3) principle focuses being:
- Ongoing development of open educational resources;
- Increasing both the breadth and depth of participation in the community;
- Facilitating engagement on the part of partners and participants in specific activities (i.e., online discussions and workshops, and COL's overall capacity building strategy).
- Guide the development of the Community Media node of WikiEducator, particularly in terms of strategy, communicating objectives and key messages, and layout and site navigation;
- Actively support the participation and contributions of individuals and groups and proactively facilitate discussion and networking and advance collaboration among individuals and groups in the Community Media node;
- Identify and engage potential new contributors to and users of the Community Media; support members to fully engage in the community, including developing both technical and programmatic skills (i.e., wiki and facilitation-training skills);
- Identify suitable new materials and facilitate their development and/or inclusion in the Community Media node; communicate with partners for this purpose and mobilise community resources in the further development of OERs;
- Review and analyse existing ‘baseline’ OER materials on an ongoing basis to identify gaps and make suggestions for improvements; contribute directly and substantively to the refinement of existing materials;
- Contribute to the planning of a regional community media event in the Caribbean.
- Expanded community of practice, both in terms of numbers (20+ new organisational and 50+ new individuals members), and depth of participation (50+ new substantial postings by members
- Increase quantity and quality of content on WikiEducator's Community Media node, particularly:
- the full range of capacity building materials associated with and developed for COL's media capacity building programme;
- Training materials posted by community members (as above);
- Materials posted by contractor (50 new pages)
- Community members and their constituents have new skills in relevant areas (using media for learning; facilitating organizational development; collaboration and networking, etc.)
- COL capacity building partners are actively supported in engaging with the community and the wiki repository and in executing workshops;
- Monthly updates and final report on outputs and challenges;
- A critical assessment of the strategy to develop a community of practice and wiki repository.