User:Randyfisher/MP Plan Outline
- relative to the field of inquiry
- relative to the business / organizational development world
- who, what, why, where, when, how
Questions from "The Craft of Research", 2nd edition, by Wayne C.,Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, University of Chicago Press, 2003 (pp. 46-48)
Identify the Parts and How they Interrelate
- What are the parts of my topic, and how do they relate to one another?
- How is my topic part of a larger system?
Trace Its Own History and Its Role in a Larger History
- How and why has my topic changed through time, as something with its own history
- Would this topic have existed in traditional communities?
- How would it have been dealt with - ignored, suppressed, or resources allocated?
- How and why is my topic an episode in a larger history
Identify Its Characteristics and the Categories that Include It
- What kind of thing is my topic?
- What is its range of variation
- How are instances of it similar to, and different from one another
- To what larger categories can my topic be assigned? How does that help others understand it?
Determine Its Value
- What values does my topic reflect? What values does it support? Contradict?
- How good or bad is my topic? Is it useful?