I am a teacher educator by training and have been working in the area of learner support in Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU), India, for almost ten years. Presently I am involved with an IGNOU Project, DEP-SSA(Distance Education Program-Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) which focuses on capacity building of elementary teachers for qualitative enhancement in classroom processes through distance education interventions. The activities augment the ongoing in service teacher training programs organized throughout the country.
A post graduate in Chemistry, I am a Ph.D. in Education from C.C.S.University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.I have done a P.G. Diploma in Distance Education from IGNOU,New Delhi.
Design and development of instructional materials for distance learners, especially for school teachers. I wish to focus on developing training materials for elementary level school teachers on content and contextual areas. Education for sustainable development is also a special area of interest.
I am very fond of listening to music, semi-classical and light(indian, western, in fact good music from any corner of the world). Reading good fiction, non fiction and poetry(Hindi & English).I also endeavor to keep abreast of local,national and global events. I love travelling and visiting new places.
My wiki projects
- (: Hi, As this workshop is nearing its end now, could you decide on developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by yourself (and others) on WikiEducator? With best wishes, Ramesh Sharma 12:56, 3 October 2011 (UTC) )
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Hema, Welcome to the Wiki. You have made the right decision to join this wonderful learning opportunity, and I see you have made a headstart. Well done! Don't hesitate to ask any questions or post them on the Wiki workshop main page under Wiki discussion, where they will be addressed. Alternatively you can either email me or Gita. You had inadvertedly deleted the boiler template on your page. I have reintroduced it, so you are now in the clear. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 04:47, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Hema, Your page is taking shape. Well done. Hope you are enjoying this experience. Keep going by entering more content on your page and thereby practicing what you have learned so far. You can always go back and improve things later on. Well done. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 16:57, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Hema, you are a great addition to WikiEducator and the formidable Indian WE. Bravo--Vkizza 11:18, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Hema, with a little bit more work applying what you have learned during the first week of this training (the use of the following features: bold, intent, headings, numbering, bullets etc) you will soon have earned your first Wiki certification under the WikiMaster programme. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 03:12, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi, you are doing good work, pl keep updating information on your page. Thanks - Ramesh Sharma, PhD 13:14, 1 February 2014 (UTC))
(: Hi Hema.I am a teacher-educator too. Your page is coming up well. A little more of spice and it will really nice. All the best.... Cynthia D'Costa--Agnes 15:54, 27 July 2010 (UTC)) Hello Hema,
Congrats on your user page. Kindly visit my user and help me get my wikiebuddy 2. certificate.
--NIMS Mrs. Nirmala Parameswaran) 19:01, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi Dr.Hema.your user page is very good & informative.Congrats.Veena Dhume.