|Employer:||CSIR - Soil Research Institute|
|Occupation:||Research Scientist / GIS Analyst|
- 1 My profile
- 2 Objective
- 3 Professional background
- 4 Education
- 5 My interests
- 6 Professional
- 7 Projects
- 8 Personal
- 9 My wiki projects
- 10 Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- 11 Web Resources
- 12 My Booklist
My name is Kwabena Abrefa Nketia. , a self-motivated gentleman who has good communication skills, flexible and easily adopts to changes and is ready to undergo training to keep abreast with the technological world so as to climb high on the corporate ladder.
To embark on a career where GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing is used in achieving Nature conservation such as: sustainable land management and nature restoration.
I am a Research Scientist at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) - Soil Research Institute (SRI) in Kumasi Ghana.
I completed Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology with an honors degree in BSc Geomatic Engineering. Due to my training and hardwork at the Geomatic Engineering department, i was requested to be a teaching assistant and a GIS administrator of the department.
My area of specialization includes: Land Restoration & Sustainable Land management, GIS application and Analysis, Soil evaluation and Classification, Remote Sensing and Photogrametric application, Idea sharing, Data management and Web 2.0.
I have also obtained a certificate in Land Restoration & Sustainable Land Management at the United Nations University in Iceland, Classification of Agricultural Lands for Arid areas and determination of their suitability at ACSAD in Syria.
I am currently a member of the Network of Scientist fighting Buruli ulcer and undertaking research activities in the Wet-Agro ecological zones of West Africa.
I am an Engineer by profession from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi - Ghana but currently a Soil Scientist and a GIS Analyst. I studied at Opoku Ware School and obtained a certificate in General Science for my second cycle education.
My hobbies are:
- Computer Programming
- Researching on newly developed Technologies
- Surfing the Internet for newly published papers on my field of specialisation
- Watching Movies and Animations
|Country of Residence||Ghana|
|City of Residence||Kumasi|
|Summary of Work Experience/Career History|| These are a few work experiences:
|Details of facilitation and/or teaching experience|| These are a few teaching experiences:
1. Using Soil Fertility Index To Evaluate Two Different Sampling Schemes In Soil Fertility Mapping – A Case Study Of Hvanneyri, Iceland 2. GIS for the Classification of Agricultural Lands, Damascus Syria 3. Irrigation Studies (Reservoir and Catchment studies) under Northern Sugar Resource Project 4. Using GIS in Soil suitability analysis, CSIR-Soil Research Institute, Kumasi. 5. Developing a GIS Geodatabase as a Tool for Mapping and Analyzing Geo-Spatial Data for CSIR- Soil Research Institute 6. GIS in analyzing disturbed environment and buruli ulcer disease- a case study of Amansie West District, Ashanti Region 7. GIS Application in Water Quality Monitoring in Iduapriam mine site, Tarkwa. 8. Tomato Production At Awisa, Wenchi District 9. MiDA Ghana Irrigation Projects Rehabilitation. Tamale Region. 10. Development and Creation of Ghana Soil Database - CSIR Soil Research Institute 11. Sawah Rice Project: Sustaining Rice production under changing climatic conditions in southern Ghana. 12. Soil Digitization of Ghana’s Soil resources at a larger scale. 13. Soil Map digitization and Report Production for Soil Survey Regions and Districts in Ghana 14. Developing A Geodatabase To Analyse Soil Suitability: A Case Study In The Adansi West District 15. EMQAP Project, Kpandu District 16. EMQAPProject, Okyereko Irrigation Project 17. Mobile Navigation Application for Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Campus
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Nana! If would be great to hear your experiences as to what was most beneficial to you in learning the wiki skills necessary to contribute to WE. --Benjamin Stewart 13:40, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
My Interwiki Links