|Country:||Trinidad and Tobago|
The Ministry of Education, in attempt to modernize the Education system has instituted a broad school based management system.
This includes among many instruments, a Head of Department system. One of the tools used by the heads is the submission of lesson plans.
Among other things this assists teachers to always go to class with
- A clear vision of the objective of the class
- Awareness of equipment needed
- A knowledge of the mental maps of the students
- An attention catching set induction
This will make it easy for them to be reflective practitioners, so modifying their methods to achieve a more complete concept and skill transfer.
The problem of lesson planning is the amount of time spent in each school by every teacher planning lessons for the same syllabus objectives, whether it be NCSE, CSEC or CAPE.
This Wiki was produced as a method of teachers sharing lesson plans and notes in my school.
Now since you are interested , click HERE to browse the official S.A.G.H.S wiki.
I am a physics teacher at St Augustine Girls High School for the past 20+ years.
My interest is to find new, technologically driven ways to communicate with fellow teachers and students.
It is quite a challenge to develop these tools, an astronomical amount of work needs to be done in making the transition from the print form to the digital form. It is my belief that if a few such like minded persons devote a small amount of time to develop the content, the burden would not be so great. The Wikieducator offers such an opportunity.
I also am passionate about cricket
WikiEducator News & Events
|Storytelling and Culture|
Saturday, September 5, 2009
|Check your time||JOIN US|
Notes from my Wikineighbours
- Hi Nizamoudeen, I've been working on subcategorising all of the category pages related to countries into the main category: Category:Countries. The collection is very impressive.
- In collecting all of these pages, I came across two categories for Trinidad and Tobago:
- We would like to have only one main category for each country, so that all of the members and resources related to a country can be collected in one place.
- In talking with others from Trinidad and Tobago, the thought is to keep Category:Republic_of_Trinidad_&_Tobago, moving all of the pages linked to the other category into this one. This would mean changing the category on this (your user) page.
- If you have any thoughts on this change please include them as a reply to this discussion post
- Thanks so much, --Alison Snieckus 18:55, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- Very nice to meet you as a fellow participant in the WikiEd tutorial Please come and look at my user page and sandbox. If you see an area where we can collaborate, let me know, also if I can be of any assistance at all. --Philbartle 03:49, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi Nizamoudeen, I'm your WikiNeighbour, wellcome to WikiEducator. I'd love to learn more about you, please talk about your areas of expertise, country of residence, blogs or web sites, nationality, personal interests, proffesional interests, etc. You also might be interested to meet more colleagues. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Gladys Gahona.--chela5808 18:31, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi Nizamoudeen, welcome to the EL4C21 Workshop. You might be interested to visit WikiEducator FAQs. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Gladys Gahona., Junior Facilitator. --chela5808 16:58, 22 March 2009 (UTC)