User:Michele van Wyk
I have always been involved in the Education sector in some way or other and my experience include part-time teaching at a high school and a private distance learning institution. In 1996 I started my career as an instructional designer at a distance education institution (Technikon SA). We merged with one of SA's biggest distance education institutions in 2004, the University of South Africa(Unisa) and after our merger I am still doing the job of an instructional designer although my job title has changed to education consultant.
I have studied at various universities in South Africa and completed several short courses and workshops
- BA and BA Honours in Psychology - Potchefstroom University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education and Training Practice - University of Pretoria
- MEd Computer-based Education - University of Johannesburg
Informal training and workshops
- Criterion-referenced Instructional design; Whole-brain thinking; Designing Outcomes-based Qualifications; Outcomes-based Education; Planning, preparing and presenting learnshops; Project Management; Assessment techniques; Online Education and Training; Negotiation skills; Facilitation skills; Dreamweaver; Basic HTML; FrontPage, Moderator and Assessor training
I am interested in anything that has to do with online learning and involves the promotion of using a blended approach in teaching. I enjoy designing and developing learning opportunities for academics that are new to using technology in education. I still have a lot to learn about online learning and all the available technologies and would like to expand my knowledge and skills in this area.
- I like reading, watching television, going to the movies, spending quality time with family and friends, keeping fit, participating in charity walks and playing computer and television games when I have the time, which is usually only during my December/January holidays.
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contractI will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SAor CC-BYlicense which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| I am not sure which project I would like to get involved in yet, but I definitely plan to be involved in one of the projects.|
| Target date for completion
|| December 2010.|
||Michele van Wyk 13:35, 22 July 2010 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Michele, Wow, you made a great start. Well done. You are well on your way of becoming a skilled WikiMaster. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. You can post them on the wiki discussion forum on the main workshop page or email me. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 17:13, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- (: Hello Michele, Great Start, I am your wikineighbour. Warm wishes for a nice learning experience. Dr. Laxmi Narayan 01:43, 26 July 2010 (UTC))
- Michelle, like you, I have a strong interest in online education, particularly a blending of delivery (by which I am open to combinations of face-to-face or online synchronous platforms (like WiZiQ, DimDim, or Elluminate) between activities that can be pursued by individual students and collaborative activities that require real-time interactions. I am excited to hear your ideas about how WikiEducator contributes to this education effort. --Jrradney 00:28, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Michele, Try to apply the bold (you are already using 'italics',intents and different headings by trying them out. Let me know if you have difficulties.Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 18:11, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Add note here