|Other roles:||Tutor, global citizen|
Today is: 25, March 2019.
GMT Time is: 07:25.
Local Time is: 07:25.
My name is Marsha Guthrie and I am an information assistant with a regional organisation, based in Barbados. I am a proud Jamaican, home to reggae, great people, first class athletes, stunning sights and wonderful food!
In addition to my full-time job I am also involved with an international organisation, DiploFoundation, which provides online training to persons from developing countries. I have dabbled with the use of wikis in the past but without success as the training was not the same as offered here. I find our facilitators are much more patient (smile).
I am confident that I will be more successful this time around and will soon be well on my way to contributing to this vibrant global community!
I am hoping to use the knowledge gained from WikiEducator to improve on my online training skills and develop courses that would be beneficial to others. I am also hoping that I will be able to collaborate with others in the WikiEducator community on various projects such as developing resources to support classroom teaching.
I enjoy reading, travelling and learning about new cultures and collecting stamps and coins. Feel free to browse the few photos I have!
I am also interested in social issues especially as they relate to developing countries and the use of information technology to aid sustainable development. In fact, I have already assisted with the creation of material for an e-commerce course.
I hope to follow through with my promise to prepare a handout to support classroom teaching www.wikieducator.org/User:Marshapg/Resources for Teachers in the Classroom and a distance education study/teaching guide, or at least a part of it! I would specifically like to address classroom management.
For those interested DiploFoundation is conducting a course on Internet Governance and policy issues beginning in March 2010. Please feel free to read the call for applications Call for Applicants for the 2010 IGCB Programme
WikiEducator News & Events
SUNDAY, JANUARY 24, 2010, 7:00 PST
Come and join us live in the WIZIQ Boardroom
Notes from my Wikineighbours
Hi Marsha, I'm your WikiNeighbour. Welcome to the EL4C24 5-day advanced Workshop. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Gladys Gahona., Junior Facilitator.--chela5808 05:26, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Great job with the image. --Nellie Deutsch 19:01, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome to Wikieducator. You are off to a great start. Please add your username here: http://www.wikieducator.org/EL4C19_User_Pages --Nellie Deutsch 14:58, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Good stuff. Keep on keepin' on.--Philbartle 00:27, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yes. Let us collaborate on Non Formal Education--Philbartle 18:39, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- hey nice to see a wiki user from another Caribbean --Bristle
- Hi Marsha, Thanks for your nice words of apprecition.Your page really looks impressive.--Yanubha 03:41, 1 April 2009 (UTC)