I am an active contributor to the WikiEducator project and am proud to be a top 50 editor. I love talking about WikiEducator and sharing our experiences in key notes and invited presentations. To date, I have raised over NZ$550,000 from the donor community to support WikiEducator's work and hope you will join us in raising more funding for our important mission. I've listed a few of my more substantive contributions so you can get a sense of my interests and what I've been up to in our WikiEducator family.
- Established our commitment to open philanthropy introducing the concept of developing Funding proposals as free content, July 2006.
- Set up the two-column layout on the WE home page, 7 August 2006
- Launched the development of the WikiEducator tutorials, December 2006
- Participated actively in the authoring of the Newbie Tutorials with Brent and Helena, January - May 2007.
- Developed and posted WikiEducator's Strategy, April 2007.
- Conceived, hosted and co-facilitated the Tectonic shift think tank meeting with Erik Möller, and plotted ideas for a technical roadmap regarding the educational refinements of Mediawiki technology for education, April 2007.
- Established the Interim International Advisory Group, April 2007
- Launched our WikiAmbassador initiative, May 2007
- Established WikiMaster, our community-based certification system, June 2007
- Developed WikiEducator's first successful bid (as free content) for the Learning4Content project - Hewlett Foundation awards $100,000, October 2007.
- Commenced community discussions on the development of an Open Community Governance Policy, in preparation for our first democratic elections, October 2007 .
- Collaborated with the WikiMedia Foundation and PediaPress in helping Wikis go printable, December 2007.
- Collaborated on a resource for editing using Open Office, December 2007.
- Designed and established the Learning4Content portal page -- today, the world's largest wiki skills training initiative for education, December 2007.
- Facilitated the 1st Learning4Content workshop with many more to follow, January 2008.
- Developed a tutorial on how to develop a teaching resource, Feb 2008.
- Developed the tutorial on navigation templates, May 2008.
- Contracted Nellie Deutsch as the electoral officer to oversee the elections for our first Community Council, June 2008.
- Active participant and collaborator on the OER Handbook development, August 2008.
- Conceived the Heywire8 Think Tank concept and collaborated with Randy Fisher in refining this seminar model for promoting national OER conversations, August 2008.
- Announced that WikiEducator would become an independent project on 24 September 2008.
- Developed a template for institutional portal pages in WikiEducator (December 2008) and subsequent help resource and input box to automate the process (October 2009).
- Developed WikiEducator's second successful free content funding proposal submitted to the Hewlett Foundation: Towards open participatory learning environments focusing on OER interoperability and educator training. Awarded USD200,000.
- Developed proposal: Reusable and portable content for New Zealand Schools to establish a national OER commons for Kiwi teachers, July 2009.
- Created node page to honour our featured L4C graduates, August 2009.
- Authored the report: Learning4Content - The first 18 months, August 2009.
- Established the OERNZ portal as the hub for New Zealand's reusable and portable project for the school sector.
- Instituted the concept of Community Workgroups so that any WikiEducator can formerly constitute a workgroup for developing policy that would have a community wide impact. Collaborated with Alison Snieckus as co-facilitator and other WikiEducators in developing the Council approved policy, May to September 2009.
- Chaired the first full Community Council Meeting, September 2009.
- Facilitated the collaborative development of the plans for the OER Foundation including a detailed strategy to foster the development a sustainable OER ecosystem and 3-year operational business plan, May to November 2009.
- Established the Connexions - WikiEducator OER remix project, November 2009.