User:Lebreton/Linux for me
Is Linux for me?
- I am looking for an alternative that will cost less, with good Internet security, without virusses and spyware, so I can safely do internet banking, chat, mail, listen to music, watch video's, view and edit photo's, use skype, ...
- I have an 'old' PC, having difficulties running XP SP3, Vista en 7, with it's 512 Mb RAM.
- I would like to learn and maybe do something in return for the open-source community by working on certain projects.
- I am a typical home user not needing or running professional applications.
- I can install – possibly with the help of a Linux user – Linux (in dual-boot ?)
- I can learn to work with Linux or follow Linux lessons (SNT)
- I will enjoy a carefree and high performance use of my PC
- And MS-Windows will mostly become a thing of the past