- My name is Jacomo Sorie Bangura.
- Stay at No. 130 Bai Bureh Road, Kissy, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- Senior Lecturer and Head of Department - Institute of Advanced Management and Tecnology (IAMTECH), where I spend most of my time.
- I am a Sierra Leonean, and born at Bisonko, in the Sanda Tendaren Chiefdom, Bombali District (Northern Province) in the Mid-1940s.
- Attended Primary Schools in Freetown, Mateboi, and Magburaka (Northern Province).
- Secondary School days at the Bo Government Secondary school- The Bo School (Southern Province), and Magburaka Boys Secondary School - Oxford of the North.
- Trained on 'E-LEARNING INITIATIVES IN HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS IN SIERRA LEONE, Fourah Bay College (USL) - 22-24 June 2011.
- B.A. (General) degree in Geography and Politics (Geo-Politics)- 1974SAttended to Fourah Bay College (University of Sierra Leone)
- Post.-Graduate Diploma in Education - 1975.
- M.A. Degree in Rural Social Development (1988) - University of Reading (UK).
- Certificate in Personnel and Industrial Relations - IPAM (USL)- 2000.
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Socity (1977.
- Founding Member and Consultant (Social Scientist) - Regional Prevention of Maternal Mortality and Neo-Natal Network (RPMM)for Sub-Saharan Africa (1992-Present).
- Founding Member (Consultant - Social Scientist)of the the Sierra Leone Prevention of Maternal Mortality and Neo-Natal Association (SLPMMA)(1997-Present).
- Membership of different Associations/Organizations: Sierra Leone Adult Education Association (SLADEA), Sierra Leone People's Educational Association (PEA); 'Life Member' of the Planned Parenthood Association of Sierra Leone (PPASL - An affiliate of IPPF).
- Peace Ambassador: World Peace Federation Award and Membership.
- Worked as Educationist for over 40 years in Secondary and Tertiary Institutes.
- Regional Programme Manager (North/North-Eastern Region), and Administrative and Personnel Manager (APM) - PPASL/IPPF, respectively. Programme Coordinator, in-country office SLPMMA.
- District Census Officer (DCO) - 2004 Population and Housing Census.
- Ph.D. Candidate (by Research)- University of Bradford (UK)- 1991: Research Topic - "Rural Socio-Economic Structures and the Dvelopment Role NGOs in Sierra Leone: No Sponsorship
- On-Going 'Write-Up' for a 'Higher Degree' in Social Development on the topic: “Repositioning NGO Operations To Address Rural Socio-Economic Development Initiatives In A Post-Conflict Scenario: A Case of the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Operations in Sierra Leone (2002-2009)” . Served 'PEACE CORPS SIERRA LEONE' AS Language Cross-Cultural Coordinator and Site Administrator - 1972 - 1982,. *Served as Lecturer in Geography, History, Social Studies, and Community Development, respectively, - Makeni Teachers College, and served as Dean of Students for 12 years and rose to the academic ranks of Head of Department - Development Studies and Principal Lecturer - 1977-1996 . At IAMTECH, I am Currently Head of Department, Development and Economics - Faculty/School of Social Sciences.
- Course Director - Community Development and Educational Services (2006-Present) - Under-Graduate and Graduate Studies; St Clement University - Sierra Leone.
- Part-Time Lecturer (Research Methods) - (M.A. Adult Education and Literacy and Short Term Courses) Division of Extra-Mural Studies, and Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.); Supervision of Dissertations/Theses - Division of Extra-Mural Studies, Fourah Bay College (USL) .
- Part-Time Lecturer - Under-Graduate and Graduate Studies - Development Studies and Project Planning and Management; Supervisor of Dissertations and Theses - Institute of Public Administration and Management (USL).
- PUBLISHED WORKS - “Use of Community Motivators to Promote the Use of Emergency Obstetric Services in Sierra Leone”; H.B.S. Kandeh Et Al; Supplement to International Journal of Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Vol. 59 (Suppl. No.2) – November 1997; pp. S209-S218.
- Attended workshops on education, health, and general development issues: Zimbabwe, Benin, Ghana, and Sierra Leone.
- Widely traveled to Republic of Guinea, Republic of Benin, Togo, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Turkey, United Kingdom.
I'm interested in:
- Educational Administration: Planning; Organization; Management; Evaluation; etc.
- Curriculum Development
- Social Science Research Methodology & Project Proposal Writing
- Project Planning and Management (Appraisal/Implementation/Monitoring/Evaluation).
- Strategic-Planning and Capacity-Building for Livelihood Development
- Community and Rural Social Development Strategies
- Communication and Extension Methodology
- Gender Education and Equality
- Civic and Adult Education and Literacy Strategies
- Application of Health-Related Issues for Environmental Sustainability
- Good Governance Democracy/Peace-Building/Conflict Resolutions/International Relations Strategies
- Designing, Implementing and Evaluating Projects to Reduce Maternal & Neo-Natal Mortality
- Distance/Open/On-Line/E-Line Learning Operations
- Public Relations/Advocacy Strategies
- Human Resource/Personnel/Administrative/Industrial Relations Management
- Inter-Agency Collaboration Strategies for Optimal Change in Sustainable Development
- Population Activities/Studies and Development Strategies
- Community Loan Scheme Management to Reduce Maternal & Neo-Natal Mortality
- Strategies on the Involvement of Men in Reproductive Health & Family Planning Issues
- Basic Computer Literacy Skills, plus Knowledge in "E-LEARNING INITIATIVES IN HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS IN SIERRA LEONE".
My Website, blog and contact particulars
- Type the full url of your websites here ... User Name: Jacomo, Password: sorie