User:Hcbjoshi/Training / Workshop attended / Organised
1. Organized two national level workshops on “Management of Herbal Wealth of High Altitude Himalayas” on 3rd October, 2007 and “Management of Herbal Wealth of India” on 4-5 October 2007.</font>
2. Organized a three days training programme cum workshop on “Development & Mainstreaming of the Medicinal Plants and Traditional Health Sector in the Himalayas” was organized at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 31st Oct and 1st Nov 2006. The training was aimed at capacity building of community partners of High Altitude Himalayas such as Lahaul, Spiti and Leh (Ladakh). It included members of Medicinal Plants Grower’s cooperatives, Women Self Help Groups and Traditional Healer’s Associations from High Altitude Districts of J&K (Leh), Himachal and Uttaranchal.
3. A one day BUYERS and SELLERS meet was organized on 2nd Novemebr at IHC, New Delhi, in order to provide a common platform to Buyers and Sellers. Different issues of medicinal plants were covered during the workshop i.e. quality planting material, cultivation, demand, supply and marketing of quality produce.
4. A national level MAP (Medicinal and Aromatic Plant survey) has been conducted. It included Traders, Whole Sellers, Retailers, Researchers / Scientist from Premier Research Organizations/ Universities/ NGOs. The main objective of the survey was to know the exact nature of MAP marketing as the MAP marketing is very uncertain and of hidden nature at present and there is experienced a very high fluctuations in its price from place to place and time to time.
5. Watershed Level Surveys in Lahaul & Spiti, and Leh (Laddakh), Cold Deserts of Indian Himalaya