User:FredVan/My cheat sheet
A few formatting tricks
- bold would be written '''bold'''
- italics would be written ''italics''
- bold and italics would be written '''''bold and italics'''''
This has no indent would be written This has no indent
- This is one indent would be written : This is one indent
- This is two indents would be written :: This is two indents
would be written =Level 1=
would be written ==Level 2==
would be written ===Level 3===
To get a square box you should indent what you have typed
To get an
- internal link with a different name you should write [[todo|My to do list]] My to do list
The first part should link to WE and should be exactly the URL without the WE part. To be clear [[Help:Contents|Help on WE]] will link you to http://wikieducator.org/Help:Contents so you have to omit http://wikieducator.org/ in the link. [http://wikieducator.org/Help:Contents] will appear as an external link like a reference .
- external link with a different name you should write [http://www.exelearning.org eXe Web Site] eXe Web Site
- [[Image:Message_pad_with_pen.jpg]] is the way to go. Existing files can be used or file is to be uploaded. Attention, this is case sensitive.
- [[Image:file name|type|location|size|caption]] gives you all the attributes you can give to your image.
- The less obvious option is probably type, you can use: thumb, thumbnail or frame
- [[media:name_of_file.pdf|Piped link text goes here]] will give you a pdf same syntax for MP3