I am Mahesh, presently residing at Vennala, the extreme east area of Kochi Corporation. I did my graduation in Physics at Sacred Heart College, Thevara in 1987. During the final year of my graduation, I joined NIIT Cochin and passed Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA). It was in 1988 that [Desk Top Publishing] (DTP) technology came to Kerala - first implemented by S.T. Reddiar & Sons, Ernakulam - the pioneers in Offset Printing and related business. In 1988, I joined there as D.T.P. Operator (Trainee). Soon, I became in-charge of the DTP Operations in night shifts. After 18 months, I left STR and took sub-contract of the DTP work of Ernakulam SSA Telephone Directory & Yellow Pages from Rams Yellow Pages, the introducers of Yellow Pages in Kerala. I did the work for 4 years continuously.
Meanwhile, in 1991-92, I did my Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management at Bhavan's Somani College of Mass Communication, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Cochin and came out in first rank winning Dr. Kulapati's Gold Medal.
From 1988 onwards, I am in love with Computers and without any rethinking chose my career in Computer Graphics. With my 24-plus years of experience in the field of computers, I run my own company in the name, DEZINE SOLUTIONS, at Computer Park, Paramara Road, Ernakulam North, since 2008. We do 2-D and 3-D graphics for Print, Web and TV. We undertake graphic designing, printing, web designing and developing, animations, walkthroughs, presentations, etc.
Knowledge is for sharing, I believe. More you give, more you get. I always love to share my knowledge with others. Hence, teaching is always there in my blood. I used to give lectures on IT related topics and take computer classes. Recently, I have given lectures on E-Commerce for B.Com students of Bharata Matha College, Thrikkakara and on IT Careers for graduate and post-graduate students of St. Joseph's College, Irinjalakuda. Presently, I teach computers at S.H. Minor Seminary, Thrikkakara.
Even if I can take classes on Physics, Maths, English and Hindi, I am more interested in teaching Computers.
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented professional committed to pursuing a long term career in computer graphics and graphic design. Offer an 24-year old track record demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills, computer proficiency and ability to follow-through projects from inception to completion.
- In-depth experience applying graphic design principles to produce innovative and tastefully created print documents, presentations and websites.
- Intrinsic creative talent and lifelong interest in photography; offer a keen eye for quality design and document/website layout.
- Fluent in the MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 operating environments. Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Completed high-impact graphic and web design projects including directories, magazines, newspapers, logo design, corporate identity, greeting cards, CD/DVD covers, newsletters, stationery, retail packaging, product design and packaging, presentations, walkthroughs and 50-plus page websites.
- Exceptionally well organised with a track record that demonstrates self motivation, creativity and initiative to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Problem Solving Skills, Organizational Skills, Highly Computer Literate, Work as Team Player, Solid and Excellent Communication Skills, Time Management Skills, Research Abilities etc.
- Exceptionally well-organised; strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives.
- Advanced training and experience in the application and usage of Adobe Creative Suite 5, Photoshop, CorelDraw X5, InDesign, PageMaker, Dreamweaver, Flash, Sound Forge, Premiere, After Effects, 3DS Max, Maya etc.
- Finished Certification in Graphic Design, Web Design, Animation and Post Production through an intensive one-year Diploma in Visual Media course.
2007 Institute of Multimedia Arts and Graphic Effects (IMAGE), Cochin.
Diploma in Visual Media (I-MUST) One year advanced course in print media, web technologies, animation, modelling and post-production software.
2005 ISACA – Cochin Chapter Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
Completed the specific preparatory course for the CISA Examination.
1999-2000 Sprint Computer Education, Cochin.
Certificate in Web Designing & Development
1991-1992 Rajendra Prasad Institute of Management Studies, Bombay.
Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management Recipient of Dr. Kulapati’s Gold Medal for coming out first.
1987-1988 National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT), Cochin.
Certificate in Business Systems Development
Tenure: April 2008 – Till Date DEZINE SOLUTIONS, Computer Park, Kochi, INDIA.
Designation: Freelance Designer
Job Responsibilities, Key Experience & Achievements: • Graphic Designing • Web Designing • Content Development • Presentations • Video Editing • 3-D Modelling & Walkthrough • Animation
Tenure: April 2006 – April 2008 XTEND TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD., Kochi, INDIA.
Designation: Project Leader (Graphic Design & Content Development)
Job Responsibilities: • Responsible for the different phases in Product Development. • In-charge of Graphic Design and Content Development Division of the company. Designed, developed and maintains the company website. Responsible for the content management, design and appearance of the website. • In-charge of the design department of the company responsible mainly in the product development, designing of the product/service brochures, company presentations, packaging, technical writings of installation manuals, user manuals, troubleshooting manuals, warranty cards, knowledge base, etc.
Key Experience & Achievements: • Re-designed the appearance and content of the company website. • Prepared product presentations, technical manuals and brochures.
Tenure: May 2004 – January 2006 Padmam Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Kochi, INDIA.
Designation: Business Development Manager
Job Responsibilities: • Joined the company as Administration Manager. • Later, given the additional responsibility of Human Resources. • Responsible for the Business Development of the company. • Mainly looking after Graphic Design and Information Security Management Services.
Key Experience & Achievements: • Handled corporate accounts for Information Security and Internet Technologies. • Organised seminars and workshops on Cyber Law & Cyber Crime, BS 7799/ISO 17799, Ethical Hacking, Information Security Threats Revealed, etc. • Organised courses in Ethical Hacking, Information Security etc. • Successfully designed and managed the official website (www.kochi-odi.com) of India-Pakistan One Day International played at Kochi on 2 April 2005. • Overall in-charge of the company’s print media services and web design activities that includes in-house and overseas projects.
Tenure: October 1989 - April 2004 Special Effects, Kochi, INDIA.
Designation: Freelance Designer (Graphics)
Job Responsibilities: • Overall in-charge of software sales and marketing, software development, creative digital designing and Indian language font development activities. • Total responsibility of the creative part of the four editions of Rams Yellow Pages, the first official publishers of Yellow Pages in Kerala (1988-1992) and the official Telephone Directory of Ernakulam SSA. • Designed, developed Malayalam fonts for Modular Systems, Pune for incorporating them in their multi-lingual desktop publishing software Shree Lipi. • Managed the dealership of software products of Microsoft, Adobe, Corel, C-DAC, Modular Systems etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows 9x / NT / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7, Linux, MS-Dos etc.
- Office Utilities: MS-Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Designing Skills: Expert in Print Media and Web Technologies. Has deep knowledge in multi-colour offset printing, mini offset printing, screen printing etc.
- Software Expertise: Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Production Suite, CorelDraw Graphic Suite, Sound Editing, Video Editing etc.
- Problem Solving Skills, Organizational Skills, Highly Computer Literate, Team Player, Solid & Excellent Communication Skills, Time Management Skills, Research Abilities.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Applying the experience to complete the projects in the stipulated time without any compromise in quality and perfection.
- Can fluently speak, read and write - English, Hindi and Malayalam.
- Committed to community services. Extensive volunteer history includes involvement in regular blood donation.
Other Involvement Areas
- Was the official media scorer for all the International cricket matches held at Kochi.
- Cricket Umpiring and Scoring for Ernakulam District Cricket Association. Passed Umpiring Examination and is presently in the panel of Umpires of EDCA.
Content coming soon...