Today is : 22, September 2017
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Gautam
|Occupation:||Assistant Professor in Zoology|
|Other roles:||Teaching and Research|
- 1 About Myself
- 2 How I became a Wikieducator
- 3 My Place of work- Hans Raj College
- 4 Research work
- 5 My Interests
- 6 Assignment
I believe that knowledge increases by sharing and one should not hesitate in sharing information what he/she may have.
The 21st century is going to be technology based knowledge society. One has to learn new technology along with its application to remain connected with the world.
How I became a Wikieducator
On April 10, 2009, Dr. Rajender Phartyal called me on phone and informed about this F2F L4C workshop. He told me that he is busy and is not attending the workshop and suggested me to attend the workshop. Same day, Dr. Inderkant Singh and Dr. OmPrakash also talked with me about the workshop and we three friends decided to attend the workshop and learn some thing new. Later, on April 13, 2009, we came and got registered for the workshop and thus i became a wikieducator.
My wikieducator friends
Before the workshop i knew many of the participants, but it was during this workshop that my interaction with them increased and i also interacted with some more participants who became friends. We learned together during the workshop and enjoyed every moment of the workshop.
Besides Dr. Om Prakash, Dr.InderKant Singh who are my good friends, I interacted more with Mr. Subhash Garg, Hitesh, Dr. Anita Nair, Dr. Kaberi. Other participants were from various colleges of University of Delhi. To Know more about them click here.
My 5 days at the F2F L4C workshop
The workshop was conducted by Dr. Savitri Singh, Principal, Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi. The resource persons were Dr. Sanjeev Singh, Dr. Sarita Kumar, Dr. Neeti Misra, Dr . Arijit Chowdhuri and Mr. Subhash Kumar. All of the resource persons explained well about wikieducator . All the participants were from various colleges of University Delhi. I enjoyed every moment of the workshop and learning new things became fun. I acknowledge all the resource persons involved in conducting the workshop.
What I plan to do as a wikieducator
I would like to share with other wikieducators, friends and my students about whatever little information I have about my subject Zoology. Besides I would like to share my interests in wildlife, sports, etc with others.
My Place of work- Hans Raj College
Hans Raj College is a constituent college of University of Delhi and a premier imstitution of the DAV Managing Committee, the largest non-government educational organization of the country. On July 26, 1948 the college was set up in memory of Mahatma Hans Raj (1882-1938) the founder of DAV College Lahore and a pioneer in the field of education. During the last six decades the college has built infrastructure facilities that can compare with the best in the university.
Besides large number of classrooms and extensive playfields, there is a sports complex, a badminton hall, an air conditioned electronic shooting range, well-equipped laboratories, a tutorial block, a spacious library, a big administrative block, a hostel for nearly 200 students, a canteen, a well-furnished air conditioned seminar room with audiovisual facilities and residential flats for teaching and non-teaching staff.
The students who come to this college are among the top achievers at the school and add further achievements to their credit. Examination results of Hans Raj College are among the best in the university and from the last few years the college is winning the Chancellor Trophy in sports too. The college has a very devoted and committed administrative, library and lab staff.
I have been teaching the undergraduate students of both B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology and B.Sc. Foundation Program.
I have been teaching Zoology to the students of both the courses in Hans Raj College since July 24th 2006.
At present, I am Teaching the following papers:
- Genetics, Genomics and Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Biotechnology
- Cell Biology, Immunology and Biochemistry
- Biology for Physical Sciences
Extracurricular activities in the Zoology Department
- Educational trips for the students of Zoology (H)Ist year students to NBAGR and NDRI (2007), NIHFW (2008) and NDRI (2009) to familiarise them with the new developements in the field of Developemental Biology.
- Educational trip for the students of B.Sc. Life Sciences IIIrd Year to Jim Corbett National Park, Apiculture Research Center (2007-2008) to familiarise them with the Wild Life and their conservation.
- Educational trips for the students of B.Sc. Life Sciences Ist Year to National Zoological Park,(2007 and 2008) to familiarise them with the Wild Life and their in-situ conservation.
- Convenor of Biological Society (July 2008-Dec 2008)
- Purchase of Permanent Slides and Museum Specimens for upgrading our Departmental museum.
Extracurricular activities in the College
- Member of admission committee (2008-2009)
- Member of Students Election Committee (2008-2009)
- Convenor of SC/ST Committee (2008-2009)
I have interest in doing research. I did my Ph.D. research work in the Department of Reproductive Biomedicine, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Munirka, Delhi-67 and got my Ph.D. degree from University of Delhi in the convocation held on 27th February 2008. The title of PhD Thesis is Role of Oxidative Stress in the Regulation of Spermatogenesis in rats. My supervisors are
- Dr. M.M.Misro, Reader, Department of Reproductive Biomedicine, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Munirka, Delhi-67
- Dr. Neeta Sehgal, Professor, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi-07
The animal model of my research work was rat. The research work was divided into two parts as in-vitro and in-vivo studies. To know more about my Ph.D. research work click here.
Myself getting Ph.D. degree from Dr. Deepak Pental, Vice-chancellor, University of Delhi
Area of Research Interest
Reproductive Biology/Andrology/Assisted Reproductive Technology/ Male contraception, Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Dinesh K Gautam, M.M.Misro, S P Chaki, Mahesh Chandra and N.Sehgal (2007) hCG treatment raises H2O2 levels and induces germ cell apoptosis in rat testis. Apoptosis, 12, 1173-1182
- Chaki SP, Misro MM, Gautam DK, Kaushik M, Ghosh D and Chainy GBN (2006) Estradiol treatment induces testicular oxidative stress and germ cell apoptosis in rats. Apoptosis 11 (8), 1427-1437
- Dinesh K Gautam, M.M.Misro, S P Chaki and N.Sehgal (2006) H2O2 at physiological concentrations modulates Leydig cell function inducing oxidative stress and apoptosis. Apoptosis 11 (1), 39-46.
- Chaki SP, Misro MM & Ghosh D, Gautam DK and Srinivas M (2005) Apoptosis and cell removal in cryptorchid rat testis. Apoptosis 10 (2), 395-405.
- Misro MM, Chaki SP & Gautam DK (2005) Germ cell death and their removal during initial stages of testicular ischemia and cryptorchidism: A comparative analysis. Indian J of Expt Bio 43, Nov, 1080-1087.
- Misro MM, Choudhury L, Upreti K, Gautam DK, Chaki SP, A. S. Mahajan, R.Babbar (2004) Use of hydrogen peroxide to assess the sperm susceptibility to oxidative stress in subjects presenting a normal semen profile. Int J Androl 27: 82-87.
- 15th ISSRF meeting held at Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata from Feb. 4-6, 2005.
- CONTRACEPTIVE TECHNOLOGY AHEAD-Policies and Programs held at NIHFW, New Delhi from April 21-22, 2005.
- Society of Andrology India meeting held at Meerut Institute of Engineering and technology, Meerut from April 8-10, 2006.
- Face to Face Learning for Content Workshop, WikiED'09 organized by Acharya Narendra Dev College and South Campus from April 13-17 2009 in Delhi.
- A three-day workshop on Biology Laboratory Course organized by ILLL and Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi, Delhi held from September 2-4, 2008 at Daulat Ram College, Delhi.
- Workshop on “Genetics, Genomics and Biotechnology” organized by Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007 from august 10-12, 2006.
- Watching T.V.
- News channels, Comedy serials, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet
- searching on Internet
- checking mails
- funny video
- interacting video
- talking and playing with children
- Games I like to play
- Table Tennis
<kaltura-widget kalturaid='snfg4yo0e0' size='M' align='L'/>
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Messages from my WikiNeighbours Dear Dr.Dinesh,
Warm welcome to the WikiEducator family of educators and learners!
Here at WikiEducator we work together to develop open and free educational content/activity including suitable quality assurance systems for all levels and subjects. Our sustained efforts and unique ways of networking will definitely make us a trusted partner of National Qualifications Frameworks of various countries as well as the evolving Transnational Qualifications Framework
Collaboration is the strength of our community. Therefore don't be shy to ask for learning helps and offer your support <smile>.
Anil Prasad 09:20, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
(: Hi Dr. Dinesh, Very happy to see the progress you have made so far. WE has a community certification scheme starting from Apprentice level 1. At the end of this workshop you will be able to gain Apprentice Level 2 or WikiBuddy certification, very easily, based on your performance. We would like to see all of you attain wiki buddy status by the end of this workshop. GO AHEAD! All the best…warm regards…Anil Prasad 16:24, 13 April 2009 (UTC))
Hi Dr. Dinesh,
You may be planning to add the content you have prepared as part of the learning contract tomorrow. Similarly you are likely to create more pages as you have become a very enthusiastic Wiki Educator by now. Click here for some tips for creating new pages.
Anil Prasad 15:27, 14 April 2009 (UTC)