Franklin Degadzor is lecturer at the Department of Computer Science, Koforidua Polytechnic. A result-oriented training and support specialist with a proven record of achievement in computer training and technical support. An outstanding IT project management professional with specialities in Internet Technologies and Securities, Database Management and Information Systems. He is a well versed in System Analysis and Design.
He is a product of Sikkim Manipal University, India, Ghana Institute of Management and Administration(GIMPA) and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. He has about ten years of teaching experience in all levels of education: basic, secondary and tertiary. Currently a lecturer in Koforidua Polytechnic facilitating in teaching and research in various IT disciplines.
Franklin is the author of the book How to STUDY EFFECTIVELY and get Results and has sold about 15,000 copies since it was first published in 2004. Franklin owns Degaplus Ventures, a printing firm which publishes about six major youth magazines for some educational institution across Ghana. He is a motivational speaker and spends a lot of time coaching teenagers towards a productive adulthood.
To become a highly sought after academician and a consultant with a proven ability in the Design and Implementation of Advanced Computing Systems whilst contributing to research and development in business and industry.
- Developing an Online Criminal Information Systems (in partial fulfilment for the award of MSc Information Technology, SMU, India)
- Implementation of a Voice Over IP for Ghana Commercial Bank
- Development of a Clients Complaints and Response System
- MSc Information Technology (April 2011), Sikkim Manipal University, India
- PostGraduate Diploma (PGDip ) Management Information System (December 2008),Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Centre for IT professional Development (CIPD), Accra Ghana
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Hons. Second Class Upper) – Computer Science (June 2006),Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Department of Computer Science, Kumasi, Ghana
- Accessing the Impact of Social Engineering on End Users
- Best student in Information Security in SMU, 2011
- Best Graduation Student for PGDip(MIS)GIMPA, 2009
1. Lecturer (2008 - date) Koforidua Polytechnic, Department of Computer Science ( Security Concepts, Operating Systems, Internetworking Technology and Security, CCNA certified Instructor)
2. Teaching Assistant (August 2006 –August 2007) Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Department of Computer Science (Information Systems, Ethics and Legal Implications of IT, Introduction to Computers)
3. Networking and sale support technician (Internship VoIP installations) (2004 -2006, internship whilst an undergraduate at KNUST) RayCom Technologies GH(Ltd), Accra Ghana
Computer Skills and Competencies
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux platforms
- Programming Language: C, C++, and Visual Basic
- Microsoft Applications: Microsoft Word(advanced), Microsoft Excel(advanced), Microsoft Access(advanced), Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Publisher
- Database Management Systems : SQL 2005
Communications: VoIP Technology, Networking, internet and online services
- Multimedia: Web development using HTML, PHP,Java Scripts