(: Hi Charu, Welcome to WikiEducator. Nice to see you here. Good start...keep going. Best Wishes. Gita --Gita Mathur 09:57, 13 April 2009 (UTC))
(: Good going savi 15:21, 16 April 2009 (UTC))
|Employer:||Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi|
|Other roles:||Teaching and Research in Botany and Development of e-learning material for University of Delhi and NCERT|
I,Charu Khosla Gupta am an associate professor at Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi. My area of specialization is Reproductive biology of flowering plants. I love teaching pollination and environmental biology to the under graduate students. I am also involved in developing e-learning material for the University of Delhi and NCERT. Recently, we organised a Biology Course Workshop for Life Sciences Part III at Acharya Narendra Dev College.
I got my M.Phil degree in 1992 on the "Developmental Biology of Polypleurum stylosum" from the University of Delhi.Further, I was awarded a doctorate in 1997 on the "Reproductive Biology of Three Aquatic Angiosperms: Polypleurum, Utricularia and Ceratophyllum",also from the University of Delhi.I have been working on the Reproductive biology of Aquatic angiosperms for last 18 years.
Awarded a Research Project entitled, “Fertilization in Podostemaceae- an unresolved problem”, by the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi under the fast track proposal for young scientists. (2003-06).
I am basically a sportsperson. I love swimming, all types of water-sports, trekking and gymming. I am an avid traveller and a fun loving person. My other hobbies include reading, painting and gardening.
List of my Publications
- Khosla, C. and Mohan Ram, H.Y. 1993. Morphology of flower, fruit and seed in Polypleurum stylosum. Aquatic Botany 46: 255-262.
- Mohan Ram, H.Y. and Khosla, C. 1998. Pollination in aquatic flowering plants. In Plant reproduction: Genetics and Biology. Ed. Gohil, R.N.
- Khosla, C., Shivanna, K.R. and Mohan Ram, H.Y. 1998. Pollination in aquatic insectivore Utricularia inflexa var stellaris. Phytomorphology 48: 417- 425.
- Khosla, C., Shivanna, K.R. and Mohan Ram, H.Y. 2000. Reproductive biology of Polypeurum stylosum (Podostemaceae) Aquatic Botany 67: 143-154.
- Khosla, C., Shivanna, K.R. and Mohan Ram, H.Y. 2001. Cleistogamy in Griffithella hookeriana (Podostemaceae). South African Journal of Botany 67: 324-328.
- Gupta, C.K. and Sehgal, A. 2006. Biodiversity in Podostemaceae: Conservational aspects. In: abstracts of National Conference on Biodiversity related International Conventions- Role of Indian Scientific Community: 88-89.
- Gupta, C.K. and Sehgal, A. 2009. Pollination biology of Indotristicha ramosissima (Podostemaceae-Tristichoideae). Aquatic Botany 91:51-56
My Contributions on Wikieducator
Contributions to the Corporate Life of the College
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|