a. My Profile
== * My name is Charles Appiah. I am the National Coordinator for the UK Institute of Physics, Ghana-Ada Centre. The Centre is to help
promote the teaching and learning of Physics in Junior and Senior High Schools in the country.
- I also write scripts for Centre for Distance Learning and Open Schooling (CENDLOS). This is a programme designed by
the Ministery of Education to help Science Students in and out of Senior High Schools. ==
b. My Educational Background
- CURRICULUM VITAE
1. FULL NAME: CHARLRS KWAME APPIAH
2. DATE OF BIRTH 07-03-1948
3. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND WITH DATES:
I. WINNEBA SECONDARY SCHOOL, SEPT 1963 – JUNE 1968
II. ODA SECONDARY SCHOOL OCT 1969 – JUNE 1971
III. UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST IOCT 1972 – JUNE 1975
4. ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES
I. G.C.E “O” LEVEL JUNE 1968
II. G.C.E “A” LEVEL JUNE 1971
III. BSc (ED) (Phy/Maths) JUNE 1975
c. WORKING EXPERIENCE
==WORK PLACE== ==POSITIONED HELD== ==FROM== ==TO== Doorma Secondary School Head of Physics Dept 09-01-1975 08-31-1977 Sunyani Secondary School Head of Physics Dept 09-01-1977 08-31-1979 Ghana National College (Cape Coast) Head of Science Dept 09-01-1979 08-31-1980 St Mary’s Sec. School (Accra) Head of Science Dept 09-01-1989 08-31-1996 Mawuli Sec. School (Ho) Science Resource Centre(SRC) - Physics 09-01-1996 08-31-1999 Dormaa Sec. School SRC - Physics 09-01-1999 08-31-2002 St Thomas Aquinas Sec. School Accra Co-ordinator SRC 09-01-2002 03-01-2004 National Science Resource Centre, Deputy National Co-ordinator of Science Resource Centres Project 03-01-2004 - 07-03-2008
d. INSERVICE TRAINING
Lead the Physics Resource Persons to train more than 6 thousand four hundred Integrated Science TEachers.
- Attended Young Physics Ambassador’s Symposium with six students from 27th December 2005 to 3rd January 2006. Each member of the delegation won a gold medal.
- Attended International Physics Olympiad in Singapore in July 2006
- Attended Intrnational Physics Olympiad in Iran in July 2007
- Attended International Physics Olympiad in Mexico in July 2009
- Attended Conference on Modern Physics for Physics Teachers at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics,Trieste Italy
from 27th April 2011 to 3rd May 2011.