Another Type of World is Still Possible Through Another Type of Communication, OF COURSE !!!
WHO WE ARE! Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication(BNNRC) www.bnnrc.net is a national networking body on alternative mass media working for building a democratic society based on the principles of free flow of information, equitable & affordable access to Information & Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)and Right commucation of remote & marginalized population.
BNNRC is registered body with NGO Affaires Bureau of Prime Minister's office & Ministry of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs, Government of Bangladesh as a Information & Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)Network and established in 2000 as per Article 19 charter of Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
BNNRC has been undertaking pioneer approaches to integrate ICT for Development(ICT4D), related policy advocacy for good governance,people's right,country and global commons and poverty alleviation with community development work at the grassroots through its networking members NGOs in Bangladesh.
BNNRC's outreach extends to local, National and International forums.
Communication is recognised as an essential human need and, therefore, as a basic human right. In this backdrop, BNNRC's working strategies are:
1. Communicating in Public Sphere 2. Communicating Knowledge 3. Civil Rights in Communication and 4. Cultural Rights in Communication
BNNRC now strives for following core interventions to achieve Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper(PRSP), World Summit on the Information Society(WSIS) Action Plan and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
1. Awareness on correlations of ICT, poverty alleviation and Institutionalization of Democracy and Right to Information(RTI)
2. Establishment of ICT Resource Center and Promotion of Rural Knowledge Volunteers(RKV) as primary ICT catalyst in remote rural areas;
3. Advocacy and Campaign for Bridging the Digital Divide/Information Divide/Knowledge Divide and open up air waves for Community Radio - voices for the voice-less;
4. Piloting Information & Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) projects at rural areas to create show case examples for greater multiplication through Rural Knowledge Center(RKC)/ Tele Centre.
5. Establishment of Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES) for Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR)through Amateur Radio (HAM Radio)promotion .
6. Establishment of People's Right in Telecommunication/ Global Commons/Country Commons.
7. To Promote the adoption of Free/Open Source Software(FOSS), open standards, and open content for development
BNNRC utilizes its vast experience and works as development partner with all concerned government ministries/bodies, Political leaders NGOs, CBOs, private sector, civil society actors, media, national and international agencies and other stakeholders to promote Information and Communication Technology for Development(ICT4D).
We invite you to join our Straggle !!!
AHM. Bazlur Rahman-S21BR Chief Executive Officer Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication(BNNRC) & Member, Strategy Council UN-Global Alliance for ICT and Development (UN GAID)
House: 13/1, Road:2, Shaymoli, Dhaka-1207 Post Box: 5095, Dhaka 1205 Bangladesh
Phone: 88-02-9130750, 88-02-9138501 01711881647 Fax: 88-02-9138501-105
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com www.bnnrc.net