Training will focus on:
- Joint conceptualisation, planning, development of fund raising and implementation of projects and programmes related to the conservation and use of plant genetic resources for the SADC region, with priority thematic areas being defined by mutual agreement between the two parties.
- Exchange of scientific information, technical publications, technologies and methodologies that enhance efficiency and maintenance of high scientific standards in implementation of research projects and programmes related to the conservation and use of plant genetic resources, subject to existing institutional policies and/or conditions.
- Exchange and/or secondment of staff and provision of technical expertise as necessary and under mutually agreed terms.
- Participation in scientific and technical activities of mutual interest including joint planning and conducting workshops, training courses and conferences.
- Other activities and initiatives which both parties agree to undertake.