Austin has over twenty years experience working in the business, education and arts sectors. He has experience in both the VET and higher education sectors through his long involvement with the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts as Associate Director (Academic) and Coordinator of Academic Programs. He has been employed by various other institutions such as Karratha College (Head of Administrative Services), the University of Newcastle (Assistant Registrar), Curtin University (Senior Statistician), the Department of Training (Manager, Training Markets) and Edith Cowan University (Faculty Manager).
Since 2001, Austin has worked primarily as a freelance consultant. His activities have regularly involved the preparation of publications, reviews and reports, statistical analyses, forward planning projections, budget submissions, planning documents, resource allocation models, special projects and annual reports. He has completed three national research projects funded through the Australian National Training Authority, and has also been involved in training reviews, developing quality assurance systems and strategic/ business plans for public and private sector organisations.
Bachelor of Arts (UWA), Graduate Diploma in Education (Claremont), Masters in Educational Administration (Hons) (UNE).
Austin commenced a PhD in 2010 and is interested in open and participative learning architectures that focus on the use of social media and open educational resources to investigate how students can use them in non-traditional learning environments to add new dimensions to their educational experience.
Austin has a long-standing interest in boats and sailing but, having sold his lovely wooden yacht last year, can't really claim to be a sailor any longer. He used to play classical guitar, but his guitar sits mostly untouched now in the corner of his study. So he's not a musician either. So what is he? The father of three lovely children is the best I can do ...
My wiki projects
- I registered for eL4C41, a Learning4Content workshop to learn wiki skills.
- No other projects commenced yet ... will think further on this.
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi Austin, Welcome to this workshop eL4C41. I am your facilitator along with Anirban, Derek & Sarita. We will help you and will watch your page develop. Enjoy this learning mode and ask for help if needed. Warm Wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 08:12, 23 July 2010 (UTC))
- (: Hi Austin, Good start, try adding all the skills as listed in the daily instructions--Dr. Gita Mathur 13:59, 26 July 2010 (UTC))
- Yes Austin, you got it right. Enjoy this learning Experience.--Dr. Gita Mathur 07:41, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- (: Hi, It would be nice if you fill up your Learning Contract in the above box. Click on the 'edit' on right of 'My optional community service (learning contract) project' and fill the details. --Dr. Gita Mathur 01:39, 30 July 2010 (UTC))
- Thanks for your help Gita. I'm running a bit behind at the moment, and don't have a learning project in mind but will try to reflect on this over the next few days. --Austin Bond 00:41, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
Re: This is the wikiway....take your time but put in some meaningful content. Best wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 01:40, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
* Hello Austin, as your Group C facilitator, it is a pleasure for me to see that you have developed such a nice userpage. I look forward to reading your contributions here. Warm wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 13:36, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
This is a paragraph to introduce my sandbox.
Click here to enter My sandbox and sub-sandbox pages.
On My Sandbox page, you will find
- external hyperlinks
- internal hyperlinks
- an internal link to another (subsequent) sandbox page (how many do I need?)
- some tables
- some coloured font
- some images of my old boat "Flight".
--Austin Bond 00:42, 2 August 2010 (UTC)