|Occupation:||Teaching Computer Science|
- My name is Akshay Kumar and I have been working with an Open University in India. The role of technology in open and distance learning is quite important, specially with large number of students. I have actively developed distance learning course material, videos and participated in student counselling sessions for more than two decades.
- I have started working with wiki since March 2009. I am finding it an easy to use tool for my students. I am sure Wiki will enable me to be in direct touch of my students and their counsellors. I am sure that by using Wiki, we will be able to bridge the distance among us.
- I am working as a distance faculty in the area of Computing for about 'two decades'.I enjoy delivering live sessions through radio and teleconferences.
- My main area of specialisation is the auditing of database system.
- I am a Post Graduate. I did my PG about 22 years ago. I am trying out new subjects and enjoying teaching them.
- Curriculum Design.
- Counselling students.
- Participating in live sessions
- Developing contents for collaborative distance learning and
- Database Auditing.
- Cricket - of course
Presently working on development of wiki for a subject for my University.
I am also creating a Course on C Programming thorugh Wiki.
I am enjoying the workshop so far. Hopefully more discussion follows.
Alternative Teaching methods and add your comments, criticisms, more methods, or reflections. Just try it. Cheers, Phil. --Phil Bartle 10:44, 15 December 2009 (UTC)