What is Typography?
- The art and techniques of setting written subject matter in type using a combination of typefaces, point size, line length, leading (line spacing and letter spacing).
- Defining the form of typeface and style and format of text.
- The arrangement and specification of type for printing.
Why typography is important?
- Type is to communicate complicated message to other people, it doesn’t ensure that the intended audience will notice, read, or respond to the content.
- Designers who know how to use type effectively use it to enhance text- to engage an audience and create visual appeal while communicating the intended message in a clear and compelling manner.
- Easy to use
- Beautiful to look at
- Pays attention to the way its form
- Easy to read
Type is everywhere
How to draw people attention to read your message in effective way?
How does typographic affect graphic design?
Formatting text/ Alignment
- Big bullet
- two point one
This is has no indent
- This is ONE indent
- This is TWO indent