My name is Andria Phesia and I teach Middle School Language Arts and United Nations at Colegio Ingles which is situated in Monterrey, Mexico. Colegio Ingles has integrated the use of technology through the MacBook and Smart Boards. I believe that the use of wikis would therefore enhance the success of my teaching. The purpose of my inscription is to provide materials, lesson plans as well as share my experiences through wikis with other instructors of the same field. Consequently, this shall enable me to use wikis in the classroom with my students.
I may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1. 2010 to present: Colegio Ingles Middle School Language Arts and United Nations Teacher, Monterrey, Mexico
2. August 2008- January 2010: English Lecturer at Ledra College, Nicosia, Cyprus
3. September 2007- June 2009: High school English Teacher at Olympion, Nicosia, Cyprus
4. May 2006- October 2006: English Language Teacher at European University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
1. 2006-2007: MA in English Literature at Warwick University, Coventry, England.
2. 2002-2006: BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature at European University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
3. 1999-2002: Lyceum Agiou Georgiou, Nicosia, Cyprus.
My academic interests lie in:
- Novels and Short stories: Postcolonial Literature, Feminist Theory, Cultural Theory, Victorian Literature and Native American Literature.
- Poetry: African American, Romantic Poetry, British and American.
- English Language Teaching with the integration of technology and Smart Boards.
- Teaching United Nations
My personal interests include: reading novels, interpreting texts, watching movies, listening to music, and dancing.
Websites and contact particulars
Groups and Associations
Editorial Assistant: Cadences: A Journal of Literature and the Arts in Cyprus,
University of Cyprus Literary Society
Honours and Awards
Honourable Mention (cum laude) upon earning academic degree (BA)
Honourable recognition upon participating and contributing in CIMUN (Colegio Ingles Model United Nations) event
The study and teaching of the English Language and Literature is a profession I have dreamed of since my childhood. Being born and raised in England, I associate my birthplace with the English language. Moreover, having Greek roots offers me the combination of identities that not only draws me to the study of the English language but also to my passion for English Literature. My competence, strong will and academic qualifications enable me to teach English both as a second language and as a combination of literary texts. My goal is to expand students’ English knowledge as much as possible through the use of technology and wikis.