Picture: Afroza Alam Tuli
|Website:||http://afrozatuli.community.officelive.com/academicworks.aspx / http://wikieducator.org/User:Afroza_Tuli#My_profile|
|Nationality:||United Sattes of America|
|Languages:||English / Bengali|
- 1 My profile
- 1.1 Professional background
- 1.2 Education
- 1.3 My interests
- 1.4 My wiki projects
- 1.5 Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- 1.6 References
My name is Afroza Tuli  and I am a residence of Kansas City , Missouri , United Sattes of America . I am a Nursing  Student at the University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC)  and working on my Bachelor of Science (B.S) in Nursing at the "UMKC". I am also a full time mother of my two children "Sajid Alam" (D.O.B - May 31, 2003) and "Anupriya Alam" (D.O.B - September 9, 2005) and married with one of the Wikieducators MD Rabbi Alam   since 1996.
I was born and grown up in the Village of Milkey Deara in the Rupsha Upazila  of Khulna City  in Bangladesh  and finished my elementary schooling in the Fathema Girls School in Khulna Bangladesh. I schooled at A.P.C (Achachajwa Profullo Chandra) Girls High School located in the Khulna City. I graduated High School in 1993 and which is called S.S.C Examination in Bangladesh. S.S.C stands for School Secondary Certificate. In 1995 I had completed the Intermideate Education which is called the H.S.C Examination in the Bangladeshi Education System and Curruiculum. H.S.C stands for Higher Secondary Certificate and H.S.C is equavalent to High School Graduaing in the United States of America and canadian Education system. I attended Bangladesh National University  and I completed my B. Sc (Honors in Botany) in 1999. Bangladesh National University  is one of the Public Universities in Bangladesh. I relocated to the United States of America in 2000 and been involving in many professional fields as well as learning and gaining experiences from the jobs and professions.
As because my husband "MD Rabbi Alam" served in the US Army, due to his overseas Military tour I have been to Germany for five years and it was a great experience as a Military Spouse especially while my husband was deployed to the Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003 to Iraq as an active duty front liners. By being a US Military Spouse I had a great many experience and am ready to lead the community.
Professional Background of Afroza Alam Tuli
I have been involved with Community Service and several Non-Profit Organization and currently busy with North American Bangladeshi Association for Bangladesh  a Community based organization helping overseas students to get admitted in the Schools and Colleges in the United States of America.
I had the working experience with the D.O.D (Department of Defense) Civilian  in their Commissary System  as a Produce Manager while my husband MD Rabbi Alam was stationed in Ansbach, Germany. I worked as a D.O.D Civilian and served the US Military families in Overseas for about five years from 2001 to 2005. While I was serving the D.O.D Civilian Community I was also involved in the FRG (Family Readiness Groups) Ledaership in the Ansbach US Military Community in Germany. I was also involved with the Military Family CDC (Child Development Commission) and worked as a Volunteer Commissioner. Currently my husband MD Rabbi Alam is involved in the US Politics and he is the Chairman of US National Democratic Party Asian American Caucus (US-NDPAAC) and also he is running for a public office. My husband is one of the candidates for the Missouri General Assembly as a House of Representatives for the Missouri District 50 and it is a great professional experience as a spouse of a US Politician. It is hard as a Muslim and especially with my Hijab but my outfit and attitude is my identity and I am very much supportive to my husband for his political activities. My professional experience and my individual representation will evaluate the best of success. I am proud to be an American Muslim woman who is very dedicated to represent a new identity to the Global Human Community and Community at large.
Education Background of "Afroza Alam Tuli"
1. S. S. C (Secondary School Certificate) Examination: A.P.C (Achachajwa Profullo Chandra) Girls High School, Khulna, Bangladesh, 1993
2. H. S. C (Higher Secondary Certificate) Examination: Govt. Pioneer Girls College, Khulna, Bangladesh, 1995
3. B. Sc (Bachelor of Science Honors in Botany): Bangladesh National Univerity, Bangladesh, 1999
4. B. S (Bachelor of Science in Nursing): Currently Working on, University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC), Fall 2011
Picture: MD Rabbi Alam, Afroza Tuli, Sajid Alam, Anupriya Alam,
July 18, 2010, at the Kansas City Royals Stadium
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <In the WikiEducator project I would love to work on a "Community Based Nursing Survey" which will help me to focus on my education and then I will share that to my Online Learning Community (OLC). I would like to do some open reserach about the prospective of Nursing as a Profession. Please allow me to expand my research and be a active member of Wikipedia who can help our online community.>|
| Target date for completion
|| <I would need about a 4 weeks of reserach works. So please allow me untill August 31, 2010 and I am confident I will trying to be finishing my Project even before the deadlines. Thanks>.|
| Signature--Afroza Tuli 05:43, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Afroza, Welcome to WikiEducator. Glad you are taking advantage of this wonderful learning opportunity. Jump right in and dare to make some edits. You will see it is not that difficult. If you need any help, feel free to contact me (click on my name at the end of this message to access my userpage where you can leave a note). Your WikiNeighbor, --Alison Snieckus 18:30, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Afroza. Lovely to see you have achieved so much!! Pl do try and make bold and italics. Also please try to make bulleted and numbered lists.Savithri Singh 19:09, 27 July 2010 (UTC))
- Thank you so much. I am really glad and grateful that I am getting involve with Wikipedia. I do want tolearn so much that I can help our online learning community
- Afroza, Congratulations on becoming a Wiki Apprentice Level 1. You've done some good work on your userpage--there's no better way to learn than "Be bold and try it." Although the workshop is over, if you need any help, feel free to leave a note on my userpage or talk page. Your WikiNeighbor, --Alison Snieckus 18:15, 7 August 2010 (UTC)