Dr. Animesh Adhikari obtained his M.Sc. degree in 1996, M.Phil. degree in Applied Mathematics in 1998 from the University of Calcutta and Ph.D. degree from the University of Kalyani in 2007 in the field of Magnetohydrodynamics under the guidance of Prof. D.C. Sanyal. He is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Shibpur Dinobundhoo Institution (College), [http://sdbicollege.org/], (affiliated to the University of Calcutta), Howrah, West Bengal, since 11/02/2015.
(Past: Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya- from 03/05/2002 to 10/02/2015).
- 1 Book Published:
- 2 Articles / Chapters Published in Books/ Proceedings:
- 3 Research Projects:
- 4 Academic Details/ Awards:
- 5 Publications of Research Papers:
- 6 Presentation of Research Papers:
- 7 Seminar / Conference /Training camp Organized by A.Adhikari at Shyampur S. Mahavidyalaya:
- 8 Reviewer of the Journals
- 9 Participation in Short Term Training Courses
- 10 Participations in Conferences, Seminars:
- 11 Academic Staff College Orientation/ Refresher Course attended:
- 12 Life Memberships:
- 13 Enrichment of College Activities:
- 14 Departmental Excursion:
- 15 Contact with me:
1. Some aspects of Magnetofluid Mechanics: Theoretical Modelling of Incompressible, Electrically Conducting Viscous or Elastico-viscous Fluids, Animesh Adhikari, (ISBN:978-3-639-51339-4) Scholar’s Press, Germany, 2013,http://www.scholars-press.com, http://www.morebooks.de/store/gb/book/some-aspects-of-magnetofluid-mechanics/isbn/978-3-639-51339-4
Articles / Chapters Published in Books/ Proceedings:
1. Prceedings of UGC National Seminar on 'Recent Trend on Pure and Applied Mathematics' 13-14 August 2015, Uluberia College, Howrah, 'MHD Micropolar Fluid Flow towards a Stagnation Point on a stretching or shrinking Vertical Surface Under Suction or Blowing with Second Order Velocity Slip', A.Adhikari, ISBN: 978-81-928627-4-3, 2015.
2. Proceedings of the International conference on Recent Trends in Sci. & Tech., (ICRTST 2013), Dec 27-29, 2013, College of Engg. & Management, Kolaghat, Effect of Radiative Heat Flux of a Magnetohydrodynamics Micropolar Fluid Flow towards a Stretching or Shrinking Vertical Surface in Presence of a Heat Source or Sink, A. Adhikari and A.K. Maiti, Page: 121-128, ISBN: 978-93-803-0844-9
3. Mathematics and Computing -Current Research and Developments, Editors: Sk. M.A. Nayeem, J. Mukhopadhyay, S.B. Rao, Publisher: Narosa, Year: 2013, Effect of Heat Transfer on a Steady MHD Flow over a Stretching Sheet: Adhikari A., Pages: 97-103, ISBN: 978-81-8487-321-4.
4. Proceedings of UGC National Seminar on Recent trends in Fuzzy set theory’, 23-24 September 2011, Uluberia College, Effect of Heat Transfer of Unsteady MHD Flow through a Porous Medium', Adhikari A. & Maiti A.K., pages 96-104, ISBN: 978-81-922305-5-9
1. Some Aspects of Magnetofluid Mechanics, U.G.C.Minor Research Project: F .PSW-070/05-06 dated 21-Mar-2006.
2. A Study on Magnetohydrodynamic with Applications in Blood Flows, U.G.C.Minor Research Project: PSW-145/ 11-12 (ERO) 25 Jan 2012.
Academic Details/ Awards:
1.M. Phil., Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta, 1998, Project: Solitary waves, KdV Equations and Higher Order Effects for a Shear Kinetic Alfven Wave, under Prof. K.P.Das
2. Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Kalyani, 01/02/2007,Title: Some Aspects of Magnetofluid Mechanics, Guide: Prof. D.C.Sanyal.
3. Joint UGC-CSIR Fellowship, NET Mathematical Sciences, June, 2000.
Publications of Research Papers:
1. MHD MICROPOLAR FLUID FLOW TOWARDS A VERTICAL SURFACE IN PRESENCE OF HEAT SOURCE/SINK UNDER RADIATIVE HEAT FLUX, A.Adhikari and A.K.Maiti, JOURNAL OF THE INTERNATIONAL MATHEMATICAL VIRTUAL INSTITUTE, ISSN 2303-4866 (p), ISSN 2303-4947 (o), www.imvibl.org/ JOURNALS /JOURNAL OF IMVI, Vol. 4 (2014), 1-25, doi: 11.7251/JIMVI140101A, http://www.imvibl.org/journal/4_14/journal_imvi_4_2014_1_25.pdf
2. Stagnation point flow of MHD micropolar fluid towards a vertical plate by surface heat flux, A.Adhikari, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation (IJAMC), Vol 6, No 1 (2014), 37-52, ISSN 0974 - 4665 (print version), ISSN 0974 - 4673 (electronic version), http://www.darbose.in/ojs/index.php/ijamc/article/view/628/171
3.Generalized Magnetohydrodynamic Couette flow of binary mixture of viscus fluids through a horizontal channel under Soret effect, A.Adhikari, Journal of Mechanics of Continua and Mathematical Sciences,http://journalimcms.com, ISSN 0973-8975, Vol.8, No.2 , January, 2014.
4. MHD Micropolar Fluid Flow Towards a Stagnation Point on a Vertical Surface Under Induced Magnetic Field with Radiative Heat Flux, A.Adhikari, International Jr. of Engg. Research and Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2(8), Aug 2013, 135-144, ISSN: 2278-0181, IJERTV21S80173, http://www.ijert.org, http://www.ijert.org/browse/volume-2-2013/august-2013-edition?download=4638%3Amhd-micropolar-fluid-flow-toward-a-stagnation-point-on-a-vertical-surface-under-induced-magnetic-field-with-radiative-heat-flux&start=90
5. Heat Transfer on MHD Viscous Flow over a Stretching Sheet with Prescribed Heat Flux: Adhikari A. & Sanyal D.C., Bull. of International Mathematical Virtual Institute, Vol. 3 (1) , 2013, 35-47, ISSN: 1840-4367 http://www.imvibl.org, http://www.imvibl.org/buletin/bulletin_imvi_3_1_2013/bulletin_imvi_3_1_2013_35_47.pdf
6. Effects of Radiative Heat Transfer on MHD Flow in Vertical Porous slip Boundary: Adhikari A., Journal of the Indian Academy of Mathematics, Vol.35, No.1, 2013, pp 19-28, ISSN: 0970-5120.
7. Steady MHD flow of a Micropolar Fluid on a Vertical Plate with Surface Heat Flux: Adhikari A., Review Bulletin of the Calcutta Mathematical Society, Vol. 21, No. 1, 2013, 79-94, ISSN: 0008-0659
8. Heat and Mass Transfer Effects of Steady MHD Flow Past a Vertical Surface with Slip Velocity through Porous Medium: Adhikari A., Indian Journal of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 61, No. 1, 2013, 39-52, ISSN: 0019-5693.
9. Unsteady Free Convection MHD Flow between Two Heated Vertical Parallel Conducting Plates: Sanyal D.C. & Adhikari A., Indian Journal of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 54, No.3, 2006, 219-235, ISSN: 0019-5693.
10. Effect of Radiation on MHD Vertical Channel Flow: Sanyal D.C. & Adhikari A., Bull. of Calcutta Mathematical Society, Vol. 98, No. 5, 2006, 487-496.
11. Two-dimensional Laminar MHD Boundary Layer Flow Past a Wedge with Slip Velocity: Sanyal D.C. & Adhikari A., Journal of the Indian Academy of Mathematics, Vol. 28, No. 2, 2006, 361-372.
Presentation of Research Papers:
1. MHD Micropolar Fluid Flow towards a Stagnation Point on a stretching or shrinking Vertical Surface Under Suction or Blowing with Second Order Velocity Slip, UGC National Seminar on 'Recent Trend on Pure and Applied Mathematics', organised by the Department of Mathematics, Uluberia College, Howrah, on August 13-14, 2015.
2. 'Radiation Effect on Mixed Convection Second Order Slip Flow of a Micropolar Nanofluid over a Non-Linearly Stretching Sheet with Heat Source/Sink', International Conference on 'Revisiting Ancient Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences' (ICRAMMS– 2015), organised by the Department of Mathematics, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan – 713104, on February 18-20, 2015.
3. 'Second Order Slip Flow of a Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) Micropolar Fluid towards a Stagnation Point on a Vertical Surface', International Conference on 'Emerging Trends in Applied Mathematics: Dedicated to the Memory of Sir Asutosh Mookerjee and Contributions of S.N.Bose, M.N.Saha and N.R.Sen" Organized by Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta In Collaboration With UGC- DSA Special Assistance Programme Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata and Indian Association for Cultivation of science, Kolkata, on February 12-14, 2014.
4. Effects of Radiative Heat Flux on MHD Micropolar Fluid Flow of Variable Viscosity and Thermal Conductivity Towards a Vertical Surface, 3rd International Conference on "Frontiers of Mathematics & Applications” to be held in the Department of Mathematics, The University of Burdwan Under UGC Special Assistance Programme (DSA I), during January 28-30, 2014.
5. Effect of Radiative Heat Flux of a Magnetohydrodynamics Micropolar Fluid Flow towards a Stretching or Shrinking Vertical Surface in Presence of a Heat Source or Sink , International Conference on "Recent Trends in Science & Technology" (ICRTST 2013), Sponsored by TEQIP II, World Bank,Technical Collaboration with Institution of Engineers (India), Organized by Department of Basic Science & Humanities, Department of Computer Science & Engg.,College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat, WB, India, during December 27-29, 2013.
6. MHD Micropolar Fluid Flow Towards a Stagnation Point on a Vertical Surface with Induced Magnetic Field and Radiative Heat Flux, International Conference on "Recent trends in Mathematics and its Applications" (ICRTMA 2013) Department Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming, Vidyasagar University, during March 20-21, 2013.
7. Radiation Effects on a MHD Micropolar Fluid with Suction Towards a Vertical Stretching / Shrinking Sheet, National Seminar on "Advances in Mathematics & Applications" (AMA 2013), Department Mathematics, Burdwan University, during March 06-0, 2013.
8. Stagnation Point Flow of a MHD Micropolar Fluid with Suction Towards a Vertical Stretching / Shrinking Plate by Surface Heat Flux, National Conference on "Emerging trends in Physics of Fluids & Solids", Department of Mathematics, Jadavpur University, on February 27-28, 2013.
9. Steady MHD flow of a Micropolar Fluid on Vertical Plate with Surface Heat Flux, International conference on "Frontiers on Mathematical Sciences with Applications" (ICFMSA 2012), Calcutta Mathematical Society, W.B, during December 07-09, 2012.
10. Heat Transfer Effect on a MHD Viscous Flow Over a Stretching Sheet with Prescribed Surface Heat Flux, National Seminar on "Current Research and Developments in Mathematics and Computing" (CRDMC 2012), Department Mathematics, Aliah University, Salt Lake, W.B, during October 03-04, 2012.
11. Uniform Mass and Heat Transfer of Steady MHD Flow through Porous Medium Under Vertical Slip Boundaries, UGC National Seminar on "Recent Trends in Real World Problems on Applied Mathematics", Narsinha Dutt College and in collaboration with ISI -Kolkata, during 21-22 Dec 2011.
12. Unsteady MHD Oscillatory Flow Through Porous Medium Bounded by Vertical Porous Plate with Slip Boundaries, International Conference on "Recent Advances in Mathematical Sciences & Applications" (ICRAMSA 2011), Calcutta Mathematical Society, Salt Lake., 9th -11th Dec 2011.
13. Effects of Heat Transfer of Unsteady MHD Flow Through a Porous Medium, UGC National Seminar on "Recent Trend in Fuzzy Set Theory, Rough Set theory & Soft Set theory", Dept. of Maths., Uluberia College, during 23- 24 Sept 2011.
14. Effects of Convection on MHD Coupled Flow Bounded by a Highly Porous Bed and Imperfectly Conducting Walls, International Conference on "Recent Advances in Mathematics and Applications" (ICRAMA-2010) Dept. of Maths., Burdwan University, during 13 -15 Jan, 2010.
15. Laminar Magnetohydrodynamic Slip Flow past a Circular Cylinder, National Conference on "Mathematical Sciences and Applications: State of the Art" (NCMSA 2010) Dept. of Maths., & Centre for Math. Biology and Ecology, Jadavpur University, during 14 -16 January, 2010.
Seminar / Conference /Training camp Organized by A.Adhikari at Shyampur S. Mahavidyalaya:
1. College level seminar on Approximate Integral by Prof. K.C.Das, Asso. Prof. of Mathematics, Sun Kun Kuan University, South Korea, at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, on 20 Feb., 2012.
2. Red Cross Training Camp on ‘First-Aid’ at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, during 26th to 31st Dec 2011.
3.College level seminar on ‘Importance of Values in Student-life’, Speaker: Swami Tyagrupananda, Principal, Belur Ramkrishna Mission Vidya Mandir, at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, on 1st March, 2011.
4. College level seminar on ‘Basic Awareness on Career Counselling’, Speaker: Dr. Parta Chattopadhyay, at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, on 14 Sept, 2010.
5. College level seminar on ‘Astronomy vs Astrology’, Speaker: Prof. Amalendu Bandopadhyay, at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, 13 Sept, 2010.
6. Departmental seminar on Fuzzy Mathematics with its Applications, Speaker: Prof. Tapas Kr. Samanta, Asso. Prof. of Mathematics, Uluberia College, at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, on 4th Sept, 2009.
7. Joint Convener of the State level UGC Seminar on ‘Modern Trends in Mathematics and its Vital Applications’, at Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, Howrah, 12th December 2006: F.CW-020/06-07(ERO) dated 24 Aug 2006.
Reviewer of the Journals
1. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, ISSN: 1735-3572, EISSN: 1735-3645, http://jafmonline.net/web/guest/home Editor-in-chief: Prof. Ebrahim Shirani
2. International Journal of Applied and Computational Mathematics Editor-in-Chief: Santanu Saha Ray ISSN: 2349-5103 (print version) ISSN: 2199-5796 (electronic version) Journal no. 40819 http://www.springer.com/mathematics/applications/journal/40819
3.International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, ISSN 0974 - 4665 (print version) ISSN 0974 - 4673 (electronic version) http://www.darbose.in/ojs/index.php/ijamc
Participation in Short Term Training Courses
1. Workshop on ‘Numerical Practical for B.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics Examination 2013’ Organised by Board of Studies in Mathematics, Univ. of Calcutta, at Dept. of Appl. Math., C.U., 8th March 2013.
2. Workshop for UG Teachers on ‘Dynamical System’, organized by the Council of U.G. Studies & U.G. Board of Studies in Mathematics, Univ. of Calcutta, at Department of Pure Mathematics., 18th Jan., 2012.
3. Winter School on ‘Recent Trends in Mathematical Methods’, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta, 14-21 December, 2011.
4. Short term Course on ‘Mathematical Analysis and its Applications’, Department of Mathematics, Jadavpur University, March 22-23, 2011.
5. Workshop on ‘Ensuring under Graduate Commerce Syllabus of the University of Calcutta’, by Commerce Alumni Association and U.G. Board of Studies in Commerce, Univ. of Calcutta, 18th and 21st January 2003.
Participations in Conferences, Seminars:
1. UGC sponsored National Seminar on The Importance of Swami Vivekananda in Indian Socio-Political and Legai Aspects in the Twenty-First Century, December 2-3, 2014, Organised by South Calcutta Law College.
2. National level seminar on ‘System of Governance in Higher Education', organized by WBCUTA & Midnapur College, 8th Dec, 2012.
3. Indo-US Workshop on ‘Fabrionics: Micro & Nano scale Dynamics 2012’, organized by IIT-KGP & BESU, at Dept. of Mechanical Engg. BESU, Aug. 18-19, 2012.
4. National level Seminar on ‘Haemodynamics: Clinical and Engineering Aspects’, sponsored by ICMR, DST-PURSE, Govt of India, organized by School of Bio-Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University, Aug.17-18, 2012.
5. National level Seminar on ‘Numerical Techniques for Chemical and Biological Engineers’, sponsored by DBT, Govt. of India, organized by Dept. of Basic Sciences & Humanities, College of Engineering & Management, Kolaghat, Aug. 11-12, 2012.
6. State level Seminar on ‘Mathematics ……………’ sponsored by Directorate of Higher Education, Govt. of W.B., at Ramsaday College, Amta, on 19th Jan. 2012.
7. State level Seminar on ‘Summer Programme on Mathematics’, Sponsored by ‘Indian Society of Non-linear Analysis’ (ISNA) at Bethun College, May 03-06, 2011.
8. UGC National Seminar on ‘Global Warming- A Challenge in 21st Century’, at Uluberia College, Feb.15-16, 2008.
9. College level seminar on ‘The Origin of Mathematics and Mathematics for All’, Dept. of Mathematics, Bagnan College, Howrah, 19th March 2004.
10. National level Seminar on ‘Globalization and its Impact on Higher Education in India’, by WBCUTA, Presidency College, Kolkata, 13th January 2003.
11. UGC Seminar on ‘The Prospect of Rural Technology in the Economic Development of India’, Uluberia College, Howrah, 08-09th October 2002.
Academic Staff College Orientation/ Refresher Course attended:
1. Refresher Course on: Emerging Trends in Mathematics and its Applications, UGC-Academic Staff College, Jadavpur University, Dept. of Mathematics, 16th June to 06th July 2015.
2. Refresher Course on: Recent Advances and Trends in Applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics in Engineering, UGC-Academic Staff College, Jadavpur University, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, 18th June to 07th July 2012.
3. Refresher Course on: Mathematical methods: Analytical and Computational Approach, UGC-Academic Staff College, Jadavpur University, Dept. of Mathematics, 14th Nov. to 03rd Dec. 2011.
4. Refresher Course on: Recent Advances in Mathematics for Applied Sciences, UGC-Academic Staff College, Jadavpur University, Dept. of Mathematics, 25th Oct. to 15th Nov., 2010.
5. Orientation Programme, UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Calcutta, 17th July to 12th August, 2006.
6. Refresher Course on Mathematics, UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Calcutta, Dept. of Applied Mathematics, 01-21 December, 2004.
1 CALCUTTA MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY, LIFE, No.-5449, (w.e.f) 24/11/2003;
2 BANGIYA BIJNAN PARISAD, LIFE, No.-566, (w.e.f) 17/11/2003;
3 INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE, LIFE, No.-L/7998, (w.e.f) 04/02/2004;
4 INDAIN ACDEMY OF MATHEMATICS, LIFE, LM-201, (w.e.f) 29/10/2005;
5 THE RAMKRISHNA MISSION INSTITUTE OF CULTURE, LIFE, No.-LM-3543, (w.e.f) 18/02/2010;
6 JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY LIBRARY, LIFE, No.-NJ-15, (w.e.f) 02/12/2010;
7 INDIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY, LIFE, No.-43368, (w.e.f) 17/02/2011;
8 INSTITUTE OF THEORETICAL PHYSICS, LIFE, No.-91, (w.e.f) 03/01/2013;
9 RAMANUJAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY, LIFE, No.-958, (w.e.f) 04/11/2013;
10 THE INDIAN SCIENCE CONGRESS ASSOCIATION, LIFE, No.-L 23303, (w.e.f) 25/11/2013;
11 THE AMERICAN LIBRARY KOLKATA, ORDINARY, for 2 YRS only, (w.e.f) 04/02/2010;
12 BRITISH COUNCIL, KOLKATA, ORDINARY, for 1 YR only, (w.e.f) 06/02/2011.
Enrichment of College Activities:
1. IQAC, Admission sub Committee, Academic sub Committee, Library sub Committee, PF sub Committee: 2009 onwards.
2. Secretary, Teachers' Council, Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, from 30 Nov, 2010, (for 1 year).
3. Coordinator, Career Conselling Cell, Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, 2008 onwards.
4. Coordinator, Career Oriented Courses, Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, 2008 onwards.
5. Assistant Coordinator, NAAC Steering Committee, Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, 2009.
6. Sports-in-Charge, Shyampur Siddheswari Mahavidyalaya, 2003-2007
1. 5th Feb., 2015, Diyara Park, Baidyabati, Hoogly
2. 19th Dec.,2013, Chuti Park, Chandannagar.
3. 18th Feb., 2013, Gop Garh Park, Medinipur.
4. 6th Dec, 2009, New Digha Park, Chandannagar.
5. 28th Nov., 2008, Belur Math & Botanical Garden, Shibpur.
6. 10th Oct, 2007, Gop Garh Park, Medinipur.
Contact with me:
Resi: Ramrajatala, Santragachi, Howrah, West Bengal, INDIA