| <center>Name: Abnish Singh Designation: Lecturer
|Deptt.: Applied Sciences & Humanities|| |
|Email:firstname.lastname@example.org||Phone: 9456011560 (M)|
| Address: Official: Applied Sciences & Humanities, College of Engineering, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Delhi Road, Moradabad (U.P.)-244001
53- Budhvihar, Linepar, Majhola,
|Specialization: Communication Skills Hindi Song Criticism.|| Field of Interest: Indian English Literature;
British Literature, Indian Fiction in English Tr Translation; Contemporary Hindi Fiction;
nt Contemporary Hindi Poetry; Communication ill Skills.
Thesis for Ph.D. in English is submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, M.P in July 2010.
- M.Phil. (D.A.V.V, Indore, M. P.) 92.10% 2003
- M.A. (M.J.P.R.University, Bareilly) 59.80% 1999
- B.A. (C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur) 55.00% 1997
- 12th Standard (U.P. Board) 62.00% 1994
- 10th Standard (U.P. Board) 45.00% 1992
Teaching/ Writing Experience:
Presently Lecturer, Applied Sciences & Humanities, College of Engineering, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad (U.P.), India, I have been teaching English and Communication Skills to both Undergraduate and Post graduate students for the last nine years. Prior to joining C.O.E. (TMU), I was with the Department of English, C.E.T. (IFTM Campus), Moradabad. My areas of academic and research interest include British Literature, Indian English Literature, Indian Fiction in English Translation, Contemporary Hindi Fiction, Contemporary Hindi Poetry and Communication Skills. Being an avid student of literature and language, I have been writing critiques and editing a reputed Hindi magazine Naye-Purane and a web magazine Geetpahal (geetpahal.webs.com) and Khabarindiya (khabarindiya.com). Apart from writing books entitled Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches, William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study), Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study, Functional Skills in English Language and Literature and A Study of Social Values in Arun Joshi’s Fiction (in press), I have regularly contributed research papers, book reviews, articles and interviews with eminent Hindi poets in prestigious journals, magazines, newspapers and web magazines. At present I am editing Naye-Purane’s next issue- Dr Budhinath Mishra ki Rachnadharmita (A Renowned Hindi Poet-Lyricist). I was given an award – B.S.S. Sahitya Sadhak Samman (2009) from A.B.S.K.M., Moradabad, Hindi Sahitya Marmajna Samman (2010) and Pratham Purush Samman (2010) from Uttarayan, Lucknow, U.P. for my contribution to Hindi and English literature.
- M.Phil. (English) Dissertation: “A Comparative Study of Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose” submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.
- Ph.D. (English) Thesis submitted: “Alternative Patterns of Values in Arun Joshi’s Fiction” (pursuing from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, M.P).
M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision:
1. An M.Phil. (English) candidate from The Global Open University, Nagaland completed research under my supervision for the session 2008-09.
1. Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2006
2. Functional Skills in English Language and Literature. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006.
3. William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study). Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005.
4. Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2004.
Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches and Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study are also being sold in the international market by America, Europe and South Asia based publishers (information available on the internet).
Book under Preparation:
1. A Study of Social Values in Arun Joshi’s Fiction.
Course Material Prepared:
(Books- According to the latest syllabus of R.M.L.Awadh University, Faizabad, U.P.)
1. A Passage to India: A Critical Study. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006. (Co-author)
2. Vijay Tendulkar’s Silence! The Court is in Session (A Critical Study). Ayodhya:
Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
3. A Quintessence of English Prose. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
- “A Study of Human Bonds in Manohar Malgonkar’s Novels” submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P., 2003.
- “Indian Sensibility in Shiv K. Kumar’s Poetry” submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P., 2003.
- “Basanti Sushma main Jivan ke Rang Khojitin Kavitayain” (Article on Ritu-Basanti by Dr. S.C. Gupta), Sahityayan (A Literary Journal in Hindi) ed. Dr. Suresh Chandra Gupta, Bareilly (December, 2008): 28-29.
- Social Exploitation and Oppression in Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable: A Subaltern Study published by articlebase.com.
- Formative Influence of Swami Vivekananda on Subhash Chandra Bose: A Biographical Study published by articlebase.com.
Papers Accepted/Under-consideration for Publication:
- “From Needs to Values- A Study of Sindi Oberao in The Foreigner”
Paper Presented in Seminar:
1 "Spiritualism and Thoughts of Swami Vivekananda" at National Seminar on Management of “Indian Systems of Medicine & Dynamics of Life-Style” sponsored by Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi, held at Lucknow, 10- 11 June, 2006.
Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers:
1. “Pranayadharmi Giton ka Gayan: Parampara se Uttar-Adhunikta Tak”- a review article in Hindi on Shri Dinesh Singh’s Tedhe Medhe Dhai Akhar, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (July, 2007):38-40.
2. “Vartman Kavita Evam Uske Bhavishya ki Sambhavnayain”- an article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (Nov., 2007):30-32.
3. “Filmi Giton ko Sahradayata se Swikar Karain”- an article in Hindi on the issue ‘Gitkar Bada ya Kavi?’, Sunday Ananda, Amar Ujala (March 31, 2008): 02.
4. “Aaj ke Mahanagariya Jivan ka Sach”- a book review of Dr. Ramakant Kshitiz’s Adhura Sach, Deshdharm, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02.
5. “Kalamkar ki Pida”- an article in Hindi on Shri Amarkantji and Shri Dinesh Singhji”, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Aug., 2008):44-45.
6. “AIDS Niyantran main Shiksha, Sahitya aur Samaj ki Bhumika”- an article in Hindi, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Dec., 2008):38-39.
7. “Hindi Giton ke Sarokar”- an article in Hindi, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Nov. 26, 2008):02.
8. “Prakhyat Gitkar Dinesh Snigh ki Rachanadharmita: Samar Karate Huye ke Sandharbh Se”- a review article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (May, 2008):25-27.
9. “Kolahal se Uthatin Manviya Dhwaniyon ka Album”- a book review of Yogendra Varma Vyom’s Is Kolahal Main, Pressmen ed. Upendra Pal Singh, Bhopal, M.P. (Dec.20, 2008):09.
10. “Niji Swartha ko Tyagna Hoga”- an interview with renowned author Dr. Abdul Aziz Ankur, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02.
11. “Manushyata ko Bachaye Rahana Jaruri Hai!”- an interview with renowned critic, poet, novelist, author and editor Dr. Vedprakash Amitabh, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Sep.14, 2008):02.
12. “Norwey se Sammanit Dr Mahesh Diwakar se ek Sakshatkar”- an interview with this renowned poet, author and editor, Uttar Kesari, Moradabad, U.P. (Dec. 21, 2008):06
13. “Hamare Jivan ki Hakikat Bayan Karatin Gazalain” (Critique on Puchana hai Tumse Sirf Itna by Saiyyed Ram Rahim), Abinav Prasangvash (A Literary magazine in Hindi) ed. Dr.Vedprakash Amitabh, Aligargh (Oct.-Dec.,2008): 116-118.
Papers Anthologized in Books:
1. “Suyodhan: Ek Samiksha”, in Jagdish Piyush ki Rachnadharmita ed. Shri Ravindra Kaliya & Shri Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2006):301-316.
2. “Janata ke Mukhar Kavi Kailash Gautam” in Kailash Gautam Smriti Anka ed. Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2007): 205-209.
1. Sub-editor of the Hindi book “Mahakavi Brijbhushan Singh Gautam Anurag”, Moradabad: A.B.S.K.M. Prakashan, 2009
2. Acting Editor of ‘Naye-Purane' (Magazine of Hindi Verse), Raibarely, U.P. The editor of this
magazine is renowned lyricist, poet, songwriter and critic Dr. Dinesh Singh.
3. Founder-Editor of a web magazine ‘Geetpahal' (geetpahal.webs.com) and Acting Editor of Khabar Indiya (khabarindiya.com).
4. Blog-writer and editor (poorvabhas.blogspot.com)
- English poems, Hindi songs, free verse poems, short-stories, interviews and critiques (published in reputed newspapers, magazines and E-magazines of English and Hindi literature)
- My Hindi songs are published by Press Man in its issue- Yuva Geetkar Anka, dated May 30, 2009.
- My Hindi geet-navgeet are published in the anthology Moradabad Janpad ke Pratinidhi Rachanakar, 2010.
- My English poems are collected in the anthology A String of Words edited by Irish poet Marie Shine and published by PBD, Barielly, U.P.
Extra Curricular Activities:
1. Worked as Chief-Proctor and Vice-Principal, Dr. B.R.A.T.K. Mahavidyalaya, Lalpur- Nighasan, Lakhimpur-Khiri, U.P. (Session-2006-2008).
2. Worked as Assistant to Chief-Proctor and Organizer of Cultural Programmes in Raja Kanh (P.G.) College, Jagersarganj, Sultanpur, U.P. (Session-2004-2006).
3. Worked as Co-coordinator in Gurukul I.C.S. (An institute for I.A.S., P.C.S., U.G.C. NET. /SLET), Lucknow, U.P. (From Feb.15, 2001- Aug.15, 2002).
4. Presently also working as Coordinator-Library Committee, Class-coordinator and ACS (Exam), College of Engineering, TMU, Moradabad, U.P.
1. Visiting Faculty, Kautilya Academy (An institute for I.A.S., P.C.S., U.G.C. NET. /SLET), Bhawarkuwa, Indore, M.P. (Director- Mr. Narendra Singh, Mob. No.09302130211)
1. Dr. Subrat Guha, Deptt. of English, D.A.V.V. , Indore, M.P.
2. Dr. Shashi Mishra, Deptt. of English, Lucknow University, Lucknow, U.P.
3. Dr. Jitendra Vatsa, Deptt. of Hindi, Magadh University, Bodhgaya, Bihar.