User:Abnish/Temp/Abnish Singh Chauhan.doc
| <center>Name: Abnish Singh Designation: Lecturer
|Deptt.: Applied Sciences & Humanities|| |
|Email:firstname.lastname@example.org||Phone: 9456011560 (M)|
| Address: Official: Applied Sciences & Humanities, College of Engineering, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Delhi Road, Moradabad (U.P.)-244001
53- Budhvihar, Linepar, Majhola,
|Specialization: Communication Skills Hindi Song Criticism.|| Field of Interest: Indian English Literature;
British Literature, Indian Fiction in English Tr Translation; Contemporary Hindi Fiction;
nt Contemporary Hindi Poetry; Communication ill Skills.
Thesis for Ph.D. in English is submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, M.P in July 2010.
- M.Phil. (D.A.V.V, Indore, M. P.) 92.10% 2003
- M.A. (M.J.P.R.University, Bareilly) 59.80% 1999
- B.A. (C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur) 55.00% 1997
- 12th Standard (U.P. Board) 62.00% 1994
- 10th Standard (U.P. Board) 45.00% 1992
Teaching/ Writing Experience:
Presently Assistant Professor and Head, Dept. of Humanities, COE-Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad (U.P.), India, I have been teaching English and Communication Skills to both Under-graduate and Post-graduate students for the last nine years. Prior to joining COE (TMU), I was with the Department of English, C.E.T. (IFTM University Campus), Moradabad. My areas of academic and research interest include British Literature, Indian English Literature, Contemporary Hindi Poetry and Communication Skills. Being an avid student of literature and language, I have been writing critiques and editing a reputed Hindi magazine Naye-Purane and a web magazine Poorvabhas (www.poorvabhas.blogspot.com ) and Khabar India (www.khabarindiya.com ). Apart from writing books entitled Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches, William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study), Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study and Functional Skills in English Language and Literature, I have contributed research papers, book reviews, articles and interviews to prestigious journals, magazines, newspapers and web magazines. Recently I edited Naye-Purane’s issue- Dr Budhinath Mishra ki Rachnadharmita (A Renowned Hindi Poet-Lyricist), which is published on www.khabarindiya.com . I was honoured with– B.S.S. Sahitya Sadhak Samman (2009) from A.B.S.K.M., Moradabad, Hindi Sahitya Marmajna Samman (2010) from Akshara, Moradabad, Pratham Purush Samman (2010) from Uttarayan Sansthan, Lucknow, U.P., Kavita Kosh Samman (2011) from www.kavitakosh.org (The then Ed. & Prof. Anil Janvijay, Moscow, Russia), Madhukar Sahityashri Samman (2011) from Madhukar Smriti Trust, Moradabad, U.P., and Think Club International Award (2012) from Michigan, United States of America for my contribution to Hindi and English literature.
- M.Phil. (English) Dissertation: “A Comparative Study of Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose” submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.
- Ph.D. (English) Thesis submitted: “Alternative Patterns of Values in Arun Joshi’s Fiction” (pursuing from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, M.P).
M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision:
1. An M.Phil. (English) candidate from The Global Open University, Nagaland completed research under my supervision for the session 2008-09.
1. Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2006
2. Functional Skills in English Language and Literature. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006.
3. William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study). Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005.
4. Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2004.
Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches and Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study are also being sold in the international market by America, Europe and South Asia based publishers (information available on the internet).
Book under Preparation:
1. A Study of Social Values in Arun Joshi’s Fiction.
Course Material Prepared:
(Books- According to the latest syllabus of R.M.L.Awadh University, Faizabad, U.P.)
1. A Passage to India: A Critical Study. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006. (Co-author)
2. Vijay Tendulkar’s Silence! The Court is in Session (A Critical Study). Ayodhya:
Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
3. A Quintessence of English Prose. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
1. “Paragraph Writing- A Stylistic Process.” Sanchar Bulletin (Bilingual International Refereed Research Journal: ISSN- 2229 3620). Vol. 1, Issue 4, Oct- Dec. 2011, In Press. Print. 2. “A Chronological Study of Indian English Fiction with Social Perspective.” Shodh Sanchayan (An International Refereed Research Journal: ISSN- 0975 1254). Vol. 2, Issue 1& 2, July 2011, 41-44. Print. 3. “A Study of Human Bonds in Manohar Malgonkar’s Novels.” Nav Pravah (An International Refereed Research Journal: ISSN- 2249-5649). Vol. 1, Oct 2011, 22-28. Print. 4. “Dr. R.C. Shukla’s ‘The Parrot Shrieks 2’: A Portrayal of Lover’s Cravings for ‘Anand’ or Bliss.” Indian Ruminations (www.indianruminations.com/contents/dr-r-c-shukla-s-the-parrot-shrieks-2-a... ), ISSN 2249-2062, Issue 2, Oct 2011. Web. (Co-author) 5. “Formative Influence of Swami Vivekananda on Subhash Chandra Bose: A Biographical Study.” (http://www.articlesbase.com/literature-articles/formative-influence-of-swami-vivekananda-on-subhash-chandra-bose-a-biographical-study-2157719.html ). Web. 6. “Social Exploitation and Oppression in Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable: A Subaltern Study.” New Horizon in Development of the Weaker Communities in India (ISBN- 978-93-80685-19-9). Ed. Prof. A.K. Singh, Lucknow: New Royal Book Company, 2010, 244-249. Print. (Co-author)
Paper Presented in Seminar:
1 "Spiritualism and Thoughts of Swami Vivekananda" at National Seminar on “Management of Indian Systems of Medicine & Dynamics of Life-Style” sponsored by Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi, held at Lucknow, June 10- 11, 2006. 2. "Library: Its Concept and Contribution to Higher Education and User Satisfaction" at National Conference on Enhancing Users Satisfaction through I. T. Application in Libraries” organized by Teerthankar Mahaveer University, Moradabad, U.P., April 23-24, 2011. 3. "Unheard Voice of Hindi Poets for Reservation Policy" at National Seminar on “Role of Reservation for the Upliftment of Backward Classes” sponsored by UGC, New Delhi, held at MGMSM, Sambhal, Bheemnagar, U.P., Nov 27-28, 2011
Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers:
1. “Pranayadharmi Giton ka Gayan: Parampara se Uttar-Adhunikta Tak”- a review article in Hindi on Shri Dinesh Singh’s Tedhe Medhe Dhai Akhar, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (July, 2007):38-40. 2. “Vartman Kavita Evam Uske Bhavishya ki Sambhavnayain”- an article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (Nov., 2007):30-32. 3. “Filmi Giton ko Sahradayata se Swikar Karain”- an article in Hindi on the issue ‘Gitkar Bada ya Kavi?’, Sunday Ananda, Amar Ujala (March 31, 2008): 02. 4. “Aaj ke Mahanagariya Jivan ka Sach”- a book review of Dr. Ramakant Kshitiz’s Adhura Sach, Deshdharm, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02. 5. “Kalamkar ki Pida”- an article in Hindi on Shri Amarkantji and Shri Dinesh Singhji”, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Aug., 2008):44-45. 6. “AIDS Niyantran main Shiksha, Sahitya aur Samaj ki Bhumika”- an article in Hindi, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Dec., 2008):38-39. 7. “Hindi Giton ke Sarokar”- an article in Hindi, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Nov. 26, 2008):02. 8. “Prakhyat Gitkar Dinesh Snigh ki Rachanadharmita: Samar Karate Huye ke Sandharbh Se”- a review article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (May, 2008):25-27. 9. “Kolahal se Uthatin Manviya Dhwaniyon ka Album”- a book review of Yogendra Varma Vyom’s Is Kolahal Main, Pressmen ed. Upendra Pal Singh, Bhopal, M.P. (Dec.20, 2008):09. 10. “Niji Swartha ko Tyagna Hoga”- an interview with renowned author Dr. Abdul Aziz Ankur, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02. 11. “Manushyata ko Bachaye Rahana Jaruri Hai!”- an interview with renowned critic, poet, novelist, author and editor Dr. Vedprakash Amitabh, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Sep.14, 2008):02. 12. “Norwey se Sammanit Dr Mahesh Diwakar se ek Sakshatkar”- an interview with this renowned poet, author and editor, Uttar Kesari, Moradabad, U.P. (Dec. 21, 2008):06 13. “Hamare Jivan ki Hakikat Bayan Karatin Gazalain” (Critique on Puchana hai Tumse Sirf Itna by Saiyyed Ram Rahim), Abinav Prasangvash (A Literary magazine in Hindi) ed. Dr.Vedprakash Amitabh, Aligargh (Oct.-Dec.,2008): 116-118. 14. “Basanti Sushma main Jivan ke Rang Khojitin Kavitayain” (Article on Ritu-Basanti by Dr. S.C. Gupta), Sahityayan (A Literary Journal in Hindi) ed. Dr. Suresh Chandra Gupta, Bareilly (December, 2008): 28-29. 15. “Har Rachanakar Moolatah Swapndarshee Hota Hai”- an interview with renowned author Dinesh Paliwal, Abhinav Prasangvash, Aligarh, U.P. (Jan-June, 2010):09. 16. Interviews with the Hindi poets- Sarvshri Gulab Singh, Satyanarayan, Kumar Raveendra, Veerndra ‘Astik’, Anand Kumar ‘Gaurav’ and Yogendra Varma ‘Vyom’ are also published by Print and Web Magazines/ Newspapers. (2011). 17. “Hindi Geet: Kathya aur Tathya”- an article in Hindi, Jansandesh Times, Lucknow, U.P. (Jan 08, 2012):10.
Papers Anthologized in Books:
1. “Jeevan ko Suvasit Karateeeen Rachanayen” in Uttarottar ed. Dr. Girirajsharan Agrawal, (Bijnor: Hindi Sahitya Niketan, 2010): 300-304. 2. “Suyodhan: Ek Samiksha”, in Jagdish Piyush ki Rachnadharmita ed. Shri Ravindra Kaliya & Shri Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2006):301-316. 3. “Janata ke Mukhar Kavi Kailash Gautam” in Kailash Gautam Smriti Anka ed. Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2007): 205-209.
1. Sub-editor of the Hindi book “Mahakavi Brijbhushan Singh Gautam Anurag”, Moradabad: A.B.S.K.M. Prakashan, 2009 2. Acting Editor of ‘Naye-Purane' (Magazine of Hindi Verse), Raibareli, U.P. The editor of this magazine is renowned lyricist, poet, songwriter and critic Dr. Dinesh Singh. 3. Founder-Editor of a web magazine ‘Geetpahal' (www.geetpahal.webs.com ) and Editor (Hindi Literature) of Khabar Indiya (www.khabarindiya.com ). 4. Blog-writer and editor (www.poorvabhas.blogspot.com ) 5. Editor of International Journal of Higher Education and Research. ISSN- 2277-260X
Translation: 1. Translated King Lear (Author: William Shakespeare) from English to Hindi. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. 2. Translated English poems of Australian poet Paddy Martin to Hindi, which are published by www.srijangatha.com and www.poorvabhas.blogspot.com .
1. English poems, Hindi songs, free verse poems, short-stories, interviews and critiques (published in reputed newspapers, magazines and web-magazines of English and Hindi literature) 2. My Hindi songs were published by The Press Man in its issue- Yuva Geetkar Anka, dated May 30, 2009. 3. My Hindi geet-navgeet were published in the anthology Moradabad Janpad ke Pratinidhi Rachanakar, 2010. 4. My English poems are collected in the anthology A String of Words edited by Irish poet Marie Shine and published by PBD, Barielly, U.P. 5. My Hindi lyrics/ poems are collected in the anthology Madhyam edited by renowned poet Nirmal Shukl and published by Uttarayan Sansthan, Lucknow, U.P.
Extra Curricular Activities:
1. Presently working as Head, Dept. of Humanities and Coordinator-Library Committee, COE- TMU, Moradabad, U.P. 2. Worked as Chief-Proctor and Vice-Principal, Dr. B.R.A.T.K. Mahavidyalaya, Lalpur- Nighasan, Lakhimpur-Khiri, U.P. (Session-2006-2008). 3. Worked as Assistant Proctor and Organizer of Cultural Programmes in Raja Kanh (P.G.) College, Jagersarganj, Sultanpur, U.P. (Session-2004-2006). 4. Worked as Coordinator at Gurukul I.C.S. (An institute for I.A.S., P.C.S., U.G.C. NET. /SLET), Lucknow, U.P. (From Feb.15, 2001- Aug.15, 2002).
1. Visiting Faculty, Kautilya Academy (An institute for I.A.S., P.C.S., U.G.C. NET. /SLET), Bhawarkuwa, Indore, M.P. (Director- Mr. Narendra Singh, Mob. No.09302130211)
1. Dr. Subrat Guha, Deptt. of English, D.A.V.V. , Indore, M.P.
2. Dr. Shashi Mishra, Deptt. of English, Lucknow University, Lucknow, U.P.
3. Dr. Jitendra Vatsa, Deptt. of Hindi, Magadh University, Bodhgaya, Bihar.