Hello Ma'am, thank you for all the help rendered. Please help me to play around with pictures adding captions and the thumb etc. How can I upload pictures on to my user page from outside. I mean if I want to make a user page with pictures of what all I have been doing, how do I do it? I would also love to know how to get my national flag on my user page. --NIMS Mrs. Nirmala Parameswaran) 10:14, 6 October 2011 (UTC) Thank You Madam for your kind help and sugestions pl continue to guide me on this project.
For the start I want to put a small module for my UG students at Medical College in Pune India. I want students to log in ,read the content and take a small assessment. Is it possible. Are there any examples of this? Hemant
--Gisela Suarez 19:49, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Alison, Thanks for the help. I thought that was the problem.keep on helping.Your Wiki friend from the West Indies.
- Hi Alison, you're doing a great job on the Math Glossary, I deeply appreciate your important contributions. Gladys Gahona. --chela5808 04:49, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm loving your Statistics Project. Learning... learning... learning... =) Gladys Gahona--chela5808 19:40, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- hi Alison , thank you so that you telling me about Math Glassary , its nice and i began doing some job on it =) Nedal Shatat --Nedal 12:00 , 2 April 2009
- Hi, Alison--Interesting story. I am also an ex-professional educator who is homeschooling my son. However, he is only 10, so we are a bit behind you. However, I'm interested in combining a wiki with some of the courses I'm planning for the coming year. By the time he is in middle school, I want to have a year-long "symposium" or something for middle schoolers where they work all year on a real-world topic (I'm thinking about food, a la Michael Polin, for the first year), and using technology to communicate and extend the learning. So I look forward to learning more about your experience in these matters. Thanks, Carol Cross User:Ccross
- Excellent content on this page. Thank you for sharing, Alison. --Nellie Deutsch 13:03, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- You got me in the first 5 seconds with the two beautiful dogs on the beach which is our own daily duty. Instructional design, education, and related measurement are professional interests of mine. I like your clear and concise approach in creating very appealing page content and design. --Jim
- Hi, Alison. Thanks for visiting me. It's nice to meet you and read your page. I love hearing about collaboration of any sort. Congratulations on your very successful homeschooling collaboration group, E-cubed! Sounds like it could be model for many other groups. --Bruna Ori
- Alison, Hi from New Zealand. I was thrilled to get your comment especially as it is my first as a newbie - many thanks for the encouragement. As a school teacher I often reflect on the suitability of schools as places of learning for teenagers so I was interested to read your page and especially what you say about you own chidren's education. I have two girls in their early teens, both at local schools. For them, learning is such a social experience that I feel I could never home school them.--Robin 09:48, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi!Alison, Thx a lot for your nice words of appreciation.i feel i'll be learning a lot from you. --Yanubha 14:13, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Alison, thanks for visit my page. I am very interested in colaborate with you in categories workgroup. Now I am helping to translate WE tutorials into Spanish language in my free time and I know is important to categorize pages since the begining. Statistics shows that Spanish instance for WE has 1784 registered users with 4 active users and 103 content pages. By the other hand, I found in your page interesting topics regarding to education in special about homeschooling. Thanks for share your knowledge. --Jorge Vidals 14:33, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Alison! Thank you for visiting my page! Looking your page I notice that I will learn many things from you! --Tero Toivanen14:32, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Allison, Thank you for visiting my page. I am highly delighted to meet someone (A senior collegue i'd say) who shares my interest in Application packages.
I am using th Ms Office Suite for my work and in fact it was i teach. (Actually i lost my Ubuntu CD and i have a requested for another, but maybe the list is still long!)
I am joining you on the glossary project immediately and as the day goes i'll see what i can be adding on a regular basis.
Then, i am thinking maybe we join efforts to create tutorials that will teach both Open Office programs and Ms Office programs.
For every task, you write how it is done in Open Office, while i chip in the MS Office equivalent.
Let me know what you think about it.
- Hi Alison, Greetings from northern Canada. Your organization of my page was definitely of assistance. Thanks for your help. --Bmcmulle 14:27, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alison. Thanks for your welcome and letting me know about my WikiNeighbor userbox. I don't seem to be able to add to the intro forum - there are no  buttons at the bottom of other's contributions. This may be because I tried to upload a photo last night, didn't get it to work and then deleted my contribution?? Later in the morning - forget this message Alison. All is well and I've contributed to the forum. I don't think it was my fault :-) but still haven't got my photo up. I'll give that a miss for a while -- Sally
- Thanks for your comment on my UserPage - I appreciate you taking the time to do it and you were the first one! I am trying to limit my time to 30 mins per day as I can see this could be a bit of a time sucker - so much to read and get distracted by! I'll try to look more closely at some of your stuff once this workshop (EL4C41) has concluded.--Leila Boyle 10:57, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Alison, thank you so much for fixing the problem with my photo. I knew there was something I wasn't getting but... I guess I'm the sort of "irrational user" that cannot take the time to read tutorials and does everything by trial and error :-) Right now, I'm writing this not sure how it will display once I've punched "save". Shame on me! Anyway, I love your page. I was thrilled to learn about your home-schooling experience, which I'd read about in textbooks but never thought was actually being implemented. Nothing of the sort is possible in my country. I also admire your commitment with freedom in education. I guess I'll be revisiting your page quite frequently. Glad you're my neighbour!--Mary Di Mónaco
(: Hi Alison. I am one of the co-facilitators for Group D. Nice to meet you (online). I noticed a comment you added to a userpage about just starting to use Moodle. I have been using Moodle since 2006 and am a volunteer co-facilitator / co-administrator with [IT4ALL] where we run Moodle for teachers workshops. I will be uisng the mext beginners workshop for my Master of Education research project. If you have any Moodle questions feel free to contact me. Cheers ) --jennip 03:38, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi,Alison Thanks for your comment .I appreciate for your effort to help other participants in the workshop.I would like to know what should be my next step.I would like to be a part of a project related to mathematics.could you please suggest me anyone.--Shijna 04:00, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alison. I found a comment I'd keyed in a lost and I've just deleted that! Do you mean I should move "My Profile, My interests, My Website ... My sandbox above "Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours?" Thanks so much for your encouragement. I have really appreciated it. --Sally Woods 04:35, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi,Alison thanks for your help. what shall i do with the learning contract.how can i write comment like in green colour text,hope to see your comment on my page.See you there
- Hiiiiiiiiiii aunty,I'm Darsana.Do u mind calling u aunty? Thank u for ur comments $ supports.I assure u that I'll give my best in this platform.It's bye for now.
- Hiiiiiiiiiii aunty,I'm Darsana,perhaps your youngest wikineighbour.I loved to have you as my friend.Being a baby in this platform I beg your extreme help.And I'm sure that you will...
Hi Alison thanks for the encouragement.I keep having problems uploading an image from my computer, the prompt keeps saying that "this image type can't be uploaded" or something like that. I would appreciate any advice that you can offer. Thanks in advance! Natalie Isaac.11:19,27 july 2010.
- Hi, Alison Thanks for your support and encouragement. --Shijna 04:07, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alison. Thanks for my certification :-) I wasn't sure if I was supposed to leave the contract on my user page or not. Please put it back. "Tramping" must be a NZ (kiwi) term. I suspect you might call it hiking. We take scroggin with us when we're tramping. Is that a kiwi term as well? --Sally Woods 23:34, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- (: Hi Alison, No I was not at IT4ALL for the Nov 2009 2nd M4T workshop. I started with IT4ALL in January 2010 - the 3rd workshop as a co-facilitator with Nellie & Gladys. Yes they are both wonderful people and I now work very closely with them...although we are many miles apart & have never met f2f :). Cheers ) --jennip 02:57, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alison thanks for the advice it worked. Natalie Isaac 11:00,28th July 2010
- Hi Alison, Thanks for your comment . I have done the things you mentioned on my page .please have a look and send me the suggestions.i will be glad to be certified as WikiApprentice level 2 .--Shijna 03:45, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Alison,Thank you for certifying me as Wiki Apprentice Level 2.I tried all option for adding the signature but it is not working in the learning contract.atlast i have created a link to my user page.
--Shijna 13:02, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Alison, I think I have the same 'signature concern' with Shinja. I've come to believe that one's signature isn't active (linked) on thier own userpage. My signature is not liked when it's on my own userpage but it's working well in other pages.--Vilimaka Foliaki 22:20, 30 July 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Alison! I know I should have thanked you earlier for the boilerplates and the formatting tips for my userpage. Thank you. I'm slowly learning the WE tricks.--Vilimaka Foliaki 22:15, 30 July 2010 (UTC))
- Hi Alison. I haven't been in WikiEducator for a while as I have a friend from London staying. Hope to catch up by the end of the weekend. Thanks for your encouragement for Wiki apprentice level 2. Can I ask what you meant by "specifying an image type". Is this covered in Tutorial 6? --Sally Woods 03:05, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alison~ I've been chuggin away at the workshop and tutorials and am having fun learning about wikis! I did run into a little problem I couldn't figure out, which is one of the internal wiki links I was trying to link to was not taking. In my sandbox, under the subheading "Internal wiki links", I couldn't get the 'Japanese grettings and farewell' to link up. I was trying to link to wikibooks the short hand way, but the 'b' kept on becoming capitalized and the underscores between the words kept on dissapprearing. Any ideas? Thanks, Arron
Hi Alison, just wanted to say thank you and all the best in future endeavors. I had some difficulty downloading the software to complete the activity but I got the general idea. Once again thank you for sharing your time and skill.
- HI Alison~ Thanks for getting back to me about that internal link issue. I am going to contact Jim and just see what's up with the link; its sort of like finding a spelling mistake in a grammer book, or a math error in a text book, it doesn't happen to much but there are some that slip through the cracks! Thanks for the encouragement, I think I have found a project to contribute fro my community service project, which will allow me to continue to develop my wiki-know-how. --Arron
- Hi,Alison could you please guide me to attain wikibuddy level. please let me know what all i have to do .Thanks --Shijna 02:42, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Alison!! You observed my progress and now I'm a proud WikiApprentice1!! Thanks... I'll keep on working!!--Gisela Suarez 19:49, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hiiiiiiiii aunty,It's me darsana.Could you please help me in acheiving my certificates?-darsana.--Darsana17:32,4 September 2010
- Hi Alison(June, 27, 2011), Thank you very much for the suggestion. I followed the instructions you gave and I succeded in linking my user page with my login id (username). That is , User:Godfredabledu. I shall get in touch with you anytime I have difficulty.Godfred
- Dear Godfred, You are most welcome. --Alison Snieckus 13:33, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, Thanks for cetifying me to Apprentice level 2. I have miles to go before I can contribute in true sense. Thanks once again.--Ravi limaye 03:18, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Alison, Thanks for certifying me to Wiki Apprentice level 2. I am happy to know that you are also a Maths person. Great!--Rashkath 12:01, 28 September 2011 (UTC)}}
- Dear Alison,Thank you so much for certifying me as Wiki Apprentice Level 2 .I do have much to learn but I'm really excited by reaching this level .This is really an encouragement and I'm thrilled to learn further in this wonderful platform from eminent and caring educators like you as this is my first workshop on wiki educator .I would like to apply for wikibuddy and hope to get your guidance in that .Thanks again ..Balqis Thaahaveettil
- Thanks for all your support and guidance. It was indeed an enriching experience.I explored many new things.The WE Platform has a great potential. Regards, Rashmi Kathuria--Rashkath 05:45, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- User:Betty Hurley-Dasgupta Hi, there! Thanks for your note in my page. I'd like to talk with you more about teaching statistics.